St. Catherine University invites applications for a Liturgist in The Campus Ministry Department . The Liturgist position exist to support vibrant liturgical life, which expresses the Catholic identity of the college including its interfaith hospitality. The incumbent works to design, develop, coordinate and strengthen interdepartmental liturgical life and liturgical music programs for the College (both campuses) and Sunday and weekday worshipping communities. This work is done in collaboration with appropriate campus ministry department members and other college departments and committees. The liturgist is a member of the campus ministry team and is directly responsible to the Director of Campus Ministry. This is an exempt part time position working 23 hours a week when college is in session and 10 hours a week January, June, and July.
• Provide and witness good work ethics and practices for student coordinators/assistants that fosters leadership abilities in the area of pastoral music, liturgical ministries and peer-to-peer relationships.
• Develop and present in-service and formation during student orientation, and twice-monthly team meetings. Provide prayer, creative planning, food, ministry work schedules, and other support and communication tasks to insure quality and meaningful team gatherings.
• Meet weekly with liturgy committee (made of student employees and other students) to develop, create and plan weekly Sunday liturgical celebrations, college wide programming, and to evaluate those events.
• Provide a “ministry of presence” to all students on campus. Act as an “ambassador” for the center, providing information regarding upcoming campus ministry events, support and encouragement for students and a listening ear to all in need.
• Coordinate, plan, compose and provide communal worship experiences for Sunday, seasonal and special liturgies for the college community. Evaluate these events.
• Recruit, prepare and supervise the scheduling of liturgical ministers for worship that draws upon the gifts of the students and community members. Provide seasonal training and formation for all liturgical ministries.
• Develop a liturgical musical ensemble for Sunday and special worship services that draws upon the gifts of the students and community members. Collaborate with Music Department and other college musical ensembles to integrate musicians into the liturgical life of the college. Rehearse, direct and form this group in good liturgical/ministerial/musical practices Supervise the preparation of music (binders) for these services.
• Foster good relationships with college Chaplain and visiting priests. Coordinate special seasonal celebrations jointly and foster good communication for timely matters. Develop and maintain a resource of priests to serve at the various college worship celebrations.
• Ensure appropriate ritual and seasonal environmental design for chapel and center workspace. Oversee the care of plant life, musical instruments, sound system and office storage and fixtures. Initiate purchase of liturgical supplies, chapel furnishings and office gear/storage.
• Prepare an annual budget for liturgical and musical supplies in consultation with Campus Ministry Director
• Assist Director and Assistant Director in the planning of prayer and rituals for center programming.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr for electronic application information and details. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180056-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Review of applications will begin immediately, priority will be given to applications received by September 7, position opened until filled.
• Bachelor's Degree in music or music education required
• Master's Degree in liturgical or pastoral studies preferred
• A minimum of three years related professional experience required
• Ability to work in a collaborative manner with various program planners, participants, and anticipated participants.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org