Description: JOIN US AS AN ENGINEER Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from “brick-and-mortar and online” to “bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else.” Our goal is to deliver Target's unique “Expect More. Pay Less.” promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future. Help us keep Target safe and secureWe want YOU to be the next Video Surveillance Engineer to join our talented team. You'll help us maintain and enhance thousands of servers, IP cameras, and software configurations that Target employees use daily to watch live and recorded surveillance footages. You'll have an opportunity to build a large scale, geographically distributed video surveillance solution, building video analytics systems and work with our business partners to shape the future of video surveillance at Target. As a Senior Engineer, you will work closely with Product Owner and Dev team in a geographically distributed location (Minneapolis and Bangalore) in building a high performing, cutting edge and highly scalable product. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to details.Our team exists to keep Target safe and secure for our guests. Our systems are the first deterrent against criminal activity and are a key tool in high profile security incidents and weather crises. Our work enables assets protection staff, store leaders, store operations, Target's National Investigation Center, and our state-of-the-art forensic labs.Come Join us! JOB BRIEFWe are looking for an engineer who wants to be part of a team building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade surveillance applications.Our new team member will be part of our DevOps culture building new solutions around our existing platform and developing the replacement that aligns with Target's technology direction of Java, CI/CD, Containers and Open source.The engineer in this role will help us improve our world class, retail leading surveillance system with new technologies and an emphasis on using the video beyond traditional loss prevention. The team is exploring video analytics and machine learning as way to provide new value from the surveillance system.ResponsibilitiesUse your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr engineer primarily you'll take the lead as you…
- Understand Target's business and technical environments. Assist teams in resolving complex business challenges via technical solutions.
- Be a significant code contributor, manage overall software development cycle, drive best practices and ensuring development of high quality code
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment with a strong sense of ownership
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all platform, development, compliance & security standards
- Build and manage enterprise scale video management solutions against deadlines.
- Practitioner of rapid prototyping and Agile, DevOps, CI/CD, test-driven development.
- Stay current with new technology and be able to assesses to determine viability and applicability to Target's business and technical environments
- Contribute towards development/ operations in a geographically distributed team within local site scrum team
- Be a great team player, mentor team members and help build a team of high caliber software development engineers
- 5+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Strong problem solving and thought: partnership skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience in Java/ Springboot/ Node/ Python language & frameworks
- Full stack engineering with agile and innovative mindset
- Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- Worked upon architecture and development principles around Open source, DevOps, Agile, Containerization and Virtualized Infrastructure
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Video Solutions experience with a track record of innovation
- Implemented or understanding of Video Management Solutions, Video Codecs and exposure to open source libraries
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts
- Interest and experience in Machine learning, deep learning, NLP and Internet of Things (IOT) is valuable.