St. Catherine University invites applications for a Administrative Assistant in MHI, DPT, and PTA Departments.
The position exists to provide administrative support to the health informatics and physical therapy education programs. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, program webpage development/management, database development and management, survey development/management, management of special projects, and oversight of events. Secondary responsibilities include general office tasks such as office record keeping and communications, filing, photocopy projects, and support of faculty and students as needed. This position is 0.85 FTE and works limited hours mid June to mid August. It is grant funded with the anticipated funding through 06/30/2020.
• Manage student data on retention, outcomes, clinical experiences.
• Manage data critical for programs to maintain accreditation.
• Create and maintain current information for students and graduates.
• Design and manage new tools for ongoing program assessment needs.
• Manage and assist with inputting data and content into the CAPTE accreditation database portal.
• Collaboration with faculty members to update and maintain currency in external web pages.
• Serve as primary liaison to University web managers to assure programs are aligned with institutions web expectations.
• Ongoing development of internal and external web pages and responding to needed revisions.
• Providing technology support to faculty members (e.g. web bio pages, Google Mail applications, general word processing/excel applications, power point).
• Serving as liaison to University technology departments to maintain currency in the programs’ practices.
• Tracking various program survey timelines and administration.
• Collaborate with faculty in the development of electronic surveys.
• Monitor survey return rates and needed follow up reminders.
• Solicit and coordinate articles/photos and other materials needed for the annual newsletter.
• Create and distribute the newsletter in an electronic format using a program such as Mail Chim.
• Event Management of regularly occurring events, such as the White Coat Ceremony and Research Day, as well as special one-time events in collaboration with the other administrative assistant.
• Direct teaching assistant(s).
• Respond to needs of students/faculty as appropriate and needed.
• Filing of confidential students information.
• Answer phone, forward pertinent information, direct callers.
• Schedule classroom space.
• Order office supplies.
• Collaborate with other administrative assistant in coordinating the needs of the PT Education office.
• Attend program meetings, record and distribute minutes.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
• High School Diploma or GED and two years of similar work or educational experience required.
• A high level of competence in technology (e.g. data management systems, electronic surveys, web site development/management) required.
• Excellent communication skills, strong general office skills, strong organization skills, a collaborative approach to the work, and an ability to work independently on assignments without direct supervision required.
To apply: :Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180057-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately, priority will be given to applications submitted by September 3, position open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org