The carpenter position exists at St. Catherine University to assist the Facilities Management Department in the maintenance of the interior and exterior of all campus buildings and facilities, as well as for the construction of new facilities where the institution has a need. Under terms of the union agreement, the incumbent will be available for call-in as determined by the supervisor.
• Project carpentry, demolition, framing, drywall, drywall repair
• Lock repair, re-cores, rekeying
• Window and door repair, glass replacement
• Ceramic repair, tile work, recaulking
• Exterior/interior wall, ceiling, flooring, roofing, caulking and gutter maintenance and repair
• Furniture assembly, picture, chalkboard, whiteboard hanging.
• Project maintenance of Res Life rooms and apartments
• Nameplate fabrication/installation
• Cabinet construction/repair of existing cabinetry
• Assistance of paint, engineering, or electrical trades.
• Abide by all University Policies
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum of two years applicable experience required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of carpentry, locks, sequences of jobs. Skilled in the use of power and hand tools, demolition, framing, drywall, finish carpentry and cabinet construction. Three to five years of carpenter experience or two year technical degree recommended.
• Good verbal and communication skills
• Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly
• Ability to climb ladders and work from heights.
• Ability to wear a respirator.
• Drivers License with a good drivers record.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check
• Capable of working indoors and outdoors in extreme temperatures and weather conditions.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
To apply: Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr for electronic application information and details. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180049-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Review of applications begins immediately, position is open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org