Frandsen Corporation, a major holding and management company with interests in several manufacturing companies, is searching for a Buyer to join our corporate and manufacturing teams in Eagan, Minnesota.
The Buyer is primarily responsible purchasing commodity items, raw materials, operating supplies and services for manufacturing facilities within Frandsen Corporation.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Verify purchase requisitions by understanding internal customer requirements; verify specifications and sources through preferred and/or best alternative suppliers to support multiple facilities
- Contribute to Supply Chain goals including cost reduction targets and increased spend by utilization of preferred supplier contracts and new sourcing opportunities to meet cost targets
- Evaluate and negotiate with potential suppliers based on their product quality, cost, delivery, payment terms and services to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure that materials, equipment, and supplies are ordered and delivered in a timely manner
- Utilizes multiple ERP systems and maintains extensive knowledge and understanding of how each system functions to support daily purchasing tasks
To be successful as the Buyer, you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, or Economics or three to five years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic contract management skills
- At least three years of experience using an ERP system
- APCIS Certification or the ability to become certified within 18 months of hire
Pre-employment Drug Screening and background checks are required