Systems Specialist, Transfer Equivalency
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Systems Specialist, Transfer Equivalency in the Registrar's Office.
This position shares responsibility with the Systems Specialist, Degree Works to accurately scribe (Degree Works programming language) Degree Works (online degree evaluation software) to ensure that it accurately evaluates all major, minor, prerequisite, required supporting, and liberal arts and science core requirements for all credentials offered by St. Catherine University. The Systems Specialist, Transfer Equivalency position is responsible for developing and maintaining the Degree Works Plan software templates for every credential offered by St. Catherine University.
This position serves as the administrator for the TES (Transfer Evaluation System) and Transferology applications. This position evaluates courses to determine how/if they will transfer to the University. These decisions inform the work of the transfer articulation coordinators. This position also evaluates course equivalencies for all new locations across the nation for the University's OTA Online track.
The Systems Specialist, Transfer Equivalency position ensures that the transfer website is up-to-date, and that cancels and defers are processed accurately in a timely manner. It bears the primary responsibility for training department chairs and directors in the use of TES.
This position shares responsibility with Systems Specialist, Degree Works to process pre-acceptance evaluations for Graduate College and College for Adult applicants change of major and minor forms, and records that suspend when the Nolij transfer process is run.
• Create and oversee St. Kate's data; equivalencies, tables, reports, users, and general school information and links.
• Analyze statistical usage reports, tables and maintenance reports, and make corrections as needed.
• Ensure data is accurate, thorough and consistent with policy. Oversee all final data postings.
• Work with CHADS to establish/standardize transfer guidelines for transfer.
• Complete an annual mass review of all courses identified by TES as needing additional review.
• Build Plan templates for every credential offered by St. Kate's.
• Conduct and annual review of all templates and adjust as needed to match changes to the curriculum
• Test upgrades to the Plan software as they impact templates.
• Develop and maintain training materials, and deliver training sessions for department chairs and directors, advisors and other positions as needed.
• Share responsibility with Systems Specialist, Degree Works to scribe (initial and updated) credentials offered by the University in Degree Works software.
• Update student records to reflect cancels and defers from admissions.
• Provide input for transfer website.
• Process pre-acceptance evaluations for Graduate College and College for Adults applicants.
• Process changes to majors and minors for current students.
• Troubleshoot records that suspend when Nolij Transfer is run.
To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum of three years' experience in Registrar's Office or similar higher education administrative office.
• Transfer course evaluation and processing experience strongly preferred.
• Systems and sql-like skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently .
• Banner experience strongly preferred.
• Degree Works experience strongly preferred.
• Exception problem solving skills.
• Exceptional troubleshooting skills.
• Exceptional logic skills.
• Ability to function in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse student, staff and faculty population.
To apply: : Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180058-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org Preferred Qualifications
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.