Director Product Management - Indirect and Reverse Logistics
Description: PRIMARY FUNCTIONThe Director Product Management represents the “voice of the product” by setting the overall strategic vision for the product. This role is accountable for succeeding against identified metrics, managing the product's budget and financials, and setting short and long term product goals as well as ensuring the product team is effectively working together.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set key product objectives and develop product, business, and customer strategy.
- Understand the landscape of current technology, how trends will affect the product in the future, and how to communicate with technology teams to ensure they understand the business needs and objectives.
- Coordinate across product scrums to ensure that every team has defined scope and clear objectives.
- Oversee progress against product backlogs to ensure work and priorities are in line with product strategy and goals.
- Make final decisions on any scope changes to prioritize key features.
- Collaborate with outside stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met and that the product team is getting any support it needs.
- Own business value generation and the economic cost to deliver.
- Select and manage vendors for the product.
- 10+ years of experience, including 4+ in a product strategy role
- 1+ year experience managing a team of 5+ people
- Experience creating and managing a budget
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Deep experience working in an agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and tech teams