Global Supply Chain Director
Own your future and become an employee-owner with SJE®. SJE, a 100% employee owned company dedicated to water and wastewater control, markets its products globally under three brands SJE Rhombus®, PRIMEX® and CSI Controls®. Offering a broad end to end suite of products and services, including float switches, alarms, control panels, web-based SCADA and integrated systems, SJE is proud to provide innovative products with exceptional customer service. We are looking for the next exceptional employee owner to join the team representing SJE brands dedicated to serving customers supplying over 40 global markets as a Global Supply Chain Director in Detroit Lakes, MN or Plymouth, MN.
The Global Supply Chain Director will strategically lead the supply chain team to effectively support Production Operations while driving continuous improvement, lean operating culture, and optimize the supply chain.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Strategic planning for vendor management, pricing, cost reduction initiatives and global logistics agreements
- Effectively negotiate long-term procurement and delivery agreements for materials and services
- Develop and evolve the Global Sourcing Strategy as the company grows to ensure a competitive and flexible supply chain
- Lead cost and overall supply chain risk reduction initiatives
- Oversee coordination of material requirements to support all product lines across all divisions
- Oversee coordination of materials regulatory efforts, such as NAFTA, ECCN, and HTS code classification
- Develop standard metrics, oversight, and accountability assuring purchasing and vendor performance
- Develop and execute global logistics carrier management strategy
- Train, evaluate, and coach staff
- Establish, Implement, and maintain department policies and procedures
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Strategic organizational leadership skills
- Global logistics and freight management experience
- Working knowledge of lean enterprise concepts
- Operational management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management or closely related field, Master’s degree preferred.
SJE offers our employee owners competitive wages, health insurance, full benefits package, opportunities for career advancement, extensive corporate training program, Employee Stock Ownership, 401(k) plans and up to 23 paid days off during the first year. Learn more about our company and apply on-line at www.sjeinc.com. EOE/Drug Testing