Senior Logistics Analyst
About This Opportunity
The Senior Analyst, Transportation is responsible to ensure freight is transported from vendors to all Target Distribution Centers, (RDC's, FDC's, FC's, UDC's) and 3rd Party Consolidators in a timely and cost-effective manner, (TL, IM, LTL, Backhaul). Responsibilities include full ownership of region performance, (carriers, vendors, facilities, transportation expense). Responsible for daily performance management of carriers and vendors and scorecard management. As well as support all future supply chain initiatives within the network.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking evolution of our supply chain. As a Transportation Analyst, you'll take the lead:
Perform Operational Functions
- Provide email support to Target team members, facilities, carriers and vendors in response to questions regarding freight preparation, load coverage, carrier responsiveness and issue resolution.
- Identify, research, and resolve internal shipping issues, general vendor/carrier issues, and EDI transmission issues.
- Participate in recurring meetings with carriers and facilities.
- Analysis of daily routing to ensure optimization was most optimal solution
- Lead cost saving initiatives for First Mile Transportation
- Execute and support future supply chain initiatives
Carrier and Facility Performance Management
- Ensure our carriers and facility are consistently meeting all set performance metrics. Work directly with external partners to improve carrier and facility scorecard metrics
- Monitor trends in performance and hold carriers/facilities accountable
- Facilitate QBR's and monthly performance meetings with top carrier's and their leadership teams
Vendor Performance Management
- Main point of contact for vendor performance escalation
- Identify problem vendors and ensure they are following Target Best Practices
Inventory Management Partnerships
- Partnership on major events to ensure load leveling and capacity is secured
- Partnership on vendor performance management
- 4 year degree or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years' relevant experience within supply chain
- Ability to sort through data to identify root cause and leverage for problem solving
- Strong problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative; demonstrates ability to work independently
- Proven ability to performance management of 3rd party providers
- Project management experience
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate data insights to others
- Knowledge of JDA, Transportation Management Systems, DOMO