Employer: Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota
Location: Saint Paul
Closes: Open Until Filled
Employment Status: Full-time
- Saint Paul, Minnesota
- The Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota
The Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota is seeking a dynamic individual to contribute to a development strategy in support of an annual budget of approximately $2,500,000. This includes donor acknowledgement, database coordination, individual giving campaigns, data tracking for evaluation purposes, and special events. The Development Associate is an integral part of a development team that also includes the Executive Director, Associate Director, Development Officer, Annual Giving Officer, and a development committee of the board of directors.
The mission of the Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota is to enhance opportunities for immigrants and refugees through legal representation for low-income individuals, and through education and advocacy with diverse communities. Our goals are to:
- Remedy legal problems by providing quality immigration legal services to low- income immigrants and refugees of all nationalities; and
- Prevent legal problems by providing law-related education to immigrants and refugees of all nationalities;
- Raise public awareness of immigration issues to encourage sound public policy that protects the universal human rights of immigrants and is both compassionate and practical.
BACKGROUND: The Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota (ILCM) is a 32-person office with five locations in the State of Minnesota including two Saint Paul offices and offices in Moorhead, Worthington, and Austin. ILCM has been in operation for 22 years, and is funded through individual, law firm, corporate, United Way, foundation, and local, state, and federal government support.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Development Associate will be responsible for collecting, entering and maintaining donor data, preparing donor acknowledgements, recording data for evaluation purposes, and supporting individual donor campaigns and special events.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain the content management system to support in the prospecting, cultivating and solicitation of donors.
- Create and maintain donor accounts including gift entry, donor contacts, and demographics.
- Engage in donor and prospect research, both individual and foundation.
- Process donor acknowledgments and correspondences—working with the executive director and board of directors for donor recognition.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of development activity with the financial systems.
- Assist with analysis of data and donor prospecting.
- Assist with individual donor campaigns including development of distribution lists, mailings, and other general support.
- Provide administrative support for special fundraising events such as house parties, film screenings, and the gala.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s degree in related field, or one-two years of experience in a nonprofit. Data entry experience preferred. Other Skills/Requirements include:
- Excellent oral, listening, and written communication skills, including excellent grammar and proofreading abilities.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail in order to manage multiple projects concurrently, and to meet deadlines.
- Interest in serving the low-income immigrant and refugee community and experience working with persons of diverse economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work constructively with others, possess good judgment, learn quickly, and work well independently and under pressure—as well as in collaboration with other staff and with other organizations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs. Database experience preferred.
SALARY: Salary is dependent on experience. Benefits include paid-time-off; health, dental, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance; and retirement plan with employer matching.
APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to ILCM Development, 450 North Syndicate St., Ste. 200, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55104. For further information on the Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota, please visit www.ilcm.org.