Chief Human Resources Officer
As a member of the Senior Leadership team, the Chief Human Resources Officer provides strategic direction and oversight to all aspects of Human Resources. Responsible for ensuring people strategies, programs and department operations are efficiently aligned to respond to organizational needs and priorities. A strategic business consultant and leader creating a culture focused on employee engagement and patient satisfaction, while upholding an environment of accountability in support of the organization's mission, vision, values and goals. In addition to Human Resources, the CHRO oversees Payroll and Core Education for the campus. Total of 10 direct reports.
Education and Experience:
Graduate of a nationally or regionally accredited four year college or university with degree in HR management, business administration, or related field. Master’s degree preferred. 10+ years successful HR leadership experience required, preferably in healthcare. Strong leadership and consulting skills are required. Exceptional communication skills, team orientated approach. Experience required in all HR areas; Labor and Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Recruitment and Organizational Development.
SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification strongly preferred.
Special Skills and Aptitudes:
Must possess strong leadership, communication, and problem solving skills.
Effective interpersonal relationship skills including good listening and communication skills.
Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings and with a wide variety of people and different organizational levels.
Ability to develop effective relationships with various stakeholders.
Ability to effectively supervise employees.
Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and appropriately.
Ability to develop and implement plans for program/department operations.
Ability to adapt resources to meet the needs of the situation.
Ability to properly operate all equipment required for this position.
Good understanding of the legal environment surrounding health care and employment law.
- Lead and manage the daily operations of the Human Resources and Education department, including staff hiring, orientation, supervision, monitoring of expenses, preparation of budgets, reporting of activities, managing employee performance and addressing concerns.
- Develop and implement CRMC HR strategies, systems, policies and process, to include:
- Alignment of Mission, Vision and Values
- Studer organizational initiatives
- Effective compensation and benefits programs
- Strong Labor and Employee Relations and communication
- Performance Management
- HR technology system development and optimization
- HR Metrics; effectiveness and efficiency measures
- Develop and implement short and long term talent acquisition and retention plans.
- Comply with all standards and requirements of accrediting, licensing, and governmental agencies pertaining to HR.
- Administer and monitor compliance with all applicable system, local, state, and federal laws and policies to include such areas as Fair Labor Standards, Family and Medical Leave Act, Equal Employment Opportunity, Workers Compensation, harassment, maternity, and other leaves.
- Maintain personnel files, compile reports including those required locally or by state and federal government concerning human resources-related data.
- Initiate and recommend revisions to existing policies, develop and revise as necessary human resources and education procedures, and administer such policies and procedures.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of human resources issues and opportunities and develop recommendations for improvement of policies and practices.
- Union contract negotiations.
- Serve as a link between administration and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and procedures, and helping resolve work related issues.
- Coordinate, implement, and analyze employee retention initiatives including oversight of employee surveys, applicable data, tenure, and employee recognition events.
- Develop and administer special projects as needed, ensuring that timelines are established and met.
Why Cuyuna Regional Medical Center? CRMC provides the highest quality patient care by hiring exceptional, qualified individuals and providing opportunities for growth and advancement. We are an independent rural health care leader with approximately 950 employees working in a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care and innovative medical specialties. We offer a highly competitive compensation package, which includes exceptional benefits. For more information about our medical campus visit: http://www.cuyunamed.org.