Sr Financial Analyst, Supply Chain Finance
Description: Sr Financial Analyst, Supply Chain FinanceClassification: ExemptDate: September 2018About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a financial analyst or a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You'll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you'll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target's unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. A role in Financial Planning & Analysis means belonging to a great team of genuine, diverse, courageous and versatile people who put integrity and ethics at the heart of everything they do. Together, you'll drive outstanding financial results by enabling and accelerating Target's strategic execution. You'll nurture influential partnerships with leaders who value your credibility, thanks to the quality and reliability of your insights. To teams across Target, you'll bring your skills for analytical rigor, creative problem-solving and sound decision-making. You'll be an active contributor to cross-functional teams. You'll rise to the challenge of the dynamic retail industry, brining innovative solutions that have a direct impact on financial and operational direction-setting, merchandising and capital investments and how to best use our resources. All of your good work will help elevate and maintain Target as one of the world's most recognized and best-loved retail brands. As a Sr. Financial Analyst you will be responsible for supporting key reporting and analysis across the Direct to Guest Shipping team functions. This includes analysis on current operations, future technology advancements, capital investments, goals, and long range plans. They will be a trusted advisor across all of Supply Chain and Finance with respect to the investments and capabilities required to move Target into the future Supply Chain it is building.
- Determine financial implications of operational decisions and influence or support as necessary
- Influence spending decisions with enterprise analytics to ensure future increases/decrease in shipping expense is valuable to the organization.
- Perform key capital & expense investment analytics for new capabilities
- Use compelling facts and data to identify and address emerging performance trends
- Partner with both Finance, Supply Chain, Stores and Merchandising to problem solve issues and educate on financial implications of decisions
- 4 year or equivalent college degree
- Experience working with spreadsheet applications (Microsoft Excel, SAS, R)
- Strong analytical, decision-making, project management, planning and organizational skills
- Strong strategic and innovative thinking
- 2+ years of experience working in Supply Chain, Logistics, Inventory Management or Finance