Field Office Assistant
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the direction of a manager and executive assistant of field services, the field office assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide a full range of secretarial and support services to the Education Minnesota professional staff and field office. This position serves as the initial contact for members of the organization.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support for field staff, work groups and committees assigned.
- Responsible for local membership dues assessments and maintaining the records associated with membership; provide accurate membership data using electronic database systems.
- Schedule appointments and meetings, maintain calendars, note important dates, route correspondence and maintain follow-up.
- Coordinate and maintain effective office procedures.
- Answer phones and initiate appropriate follow-up.
- Update information in various record-keeping systems.
- Maintain and handle facsimile, scanning and copying needs.
- Schedule workshops, training sessions, representative assemblies, drive-ins, legislative forums and regional meetings.
- Manage filing and record systems.
- Maintain, operate, and manage computer and related files.
- Prepare correspondence, agendas, flyers, and newsletters.
- Prepare billings for workshops and appropriate expenses; maintain related records.
- Order and maintain inventory of supplies for the office.
- Using initiative and judgment ensure matters requiring attention during a field staff’s absence be sent to the appropriate person for addressing.
- Keep various records including, but not limited to, postage and other office expenses.
- Other job-duties of a like or similar nature as assigned.
Education Minnesota leaders and members Education Minnesota, AFT, and NEA staff
Governmental agencies and officials School district personnel
Community and civic leaders MN legislative personnel
AFL-CIO General public
MACHINES AND/OR TOOLS OPERATED:
Personal computer Copier/scanner
Word processing/database software Calculator/postage machine
Maintain confidential information related to private member data and grievance, arbitration, or legal matters. This includes telephone calls regarding possible grievances and the typing of arbitration briefs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Accurate typing, transcribing, and computer skills.
- Good public relations, communications, telephone, and personal skills.
- Ability to perform work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out complex oral and written directions.
- Record keeping, bookkeeping, and accounting skills.
- Spelling and grammar skills.
- Knowledge of good workflow, capable of quick change from project to project.
- Knowledge of public relations and human relations practices.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and work independently in accomplishing objectives, goals and meeting numerous deadlines.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three (3) years related work experience
- An Associate’s Degree in a related field
- Experience working in an education based environment
- A minimum intermediate level of skill with Excel and Access
Employee is required to: Continuously sit, talk and hear; frequently stand, walk and repetitively use hands dexterously (use fingers to handle, feel), reach with hands and arms, bend and physically lift and carry up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and infrequently travel by various conveyances (e.g., air, rail, auto).
- Some travel, evening and weekend work required.
EDUCATION MINNESOTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Education Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where diversity is valued, supported and celebrated to benefit applicants, employees, members and students. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need.
POSTING DEADLINE: For best consideration, apply online; include a resume, by 11:59 PM on September 24, 2018.
Please click this link to apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=faa82ad6-58ce-4071-80c8-3e481e725e0a&jobId=259212&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001
EDUCATION MINNESOTA-HUMAN RESOURCES-41 SHERBURNE AVENUE-ST. PAUL, MN 55103