Gift Processing Specialist
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Gift Processing Specialist in the Institutional Advancement Department.
The Gift Processing Specialist position exists to plan and manage the full year of gift processing. This includes creating an annual plan, managing to level of service standards, supporting the creation of those standards and serving as the Gift Administration Manager. Metrics for Operations Gift Processing are managed by this position.
• Manage the gift processing annual cycle. Plan for peak gift volumes. Based on historical information, determine annual workload by month, and manage to level of service metrics in both gift processing and gift receipting.
• Process and acknowledge gifts from all sources. Be the expert in processing gifts and keeping Institutional Advancement informed of gift dates and priorities. Build a communication process to inform IA Development Staff when large gifts have arrived. Manage the gift acknowledgement process and work with the Donor Relations and Stewardship Manager on improvements to that process. Respond professionally to donors through phone, written and in-person contact.
• Create ID's for new alumnae and new constituents. Create Banner records as appropriate. Assist with keeping data fresh and assisting Ops Team with large points of data entry. Examples are NCOA's, new parent data, new alumnae data. Be a liaison with President's office to give and receive information. Maintain President contacts.
• Supervise students for Institutional Advancement Development and Operations. Interview, select and manage schedules and workload for student helpers. Train students and new users on gift processing, gift batch preparation, data entry, projects, filings and mailings.
• Work with Institutional Advancement Analysts to create appropriate metrics to manage gift processing service and quality levels.
• Planned Gift Administration: maintain and update planned giving software; coordinate Book of Expectancies and Society memberships. Manage annuities, manage annuity spreadsheet and ensure accurate and timely annuity payments. Maintain donor trusts records and insurance policy records. Maintain complete and accurate planned giving records. Serve as Secretary of Gift Acceptance Committee. Supervise and maintain physical donor files and filing of information
To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
• Bachelor's Degree and administrative experience in Higher Education, Development, gift processing and/or data management required.
• Minimum five years of related experience in development/advancement operations, or information management experience preferred.
• Proven supervisory and organizational skills ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to move projects from conception to completion.
• Deep understanding of relational database systems and management needs.
• Creative problem-solving skills, analytical, detail-oriented and highly accurate.
• Able to work independently but also be a team player.
• Highly proficient with computer, standard spreadsheet and word processing applications.
To apply: : Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180067-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org Preferred Qualifications
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.