Staffing Partners is seeking a motivated and team-oriented Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Specialist for our client in the Metro Area! Looking for someone with good data entry/accounting skills and who can work on their own with minimal supervision. This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with our agency!
- Compiles, processes and maintains accounts payable records.
- 1099 Processing.
- Obtaining W-2's/I-9's.
- Receive and sort accounts payable invoices.
- Manage accounts payable electronic mailbox.
- Enter and code invoice into electronic accounts payable software.
- Research past due accounts payables.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
- Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A/P & A/R Experience (1-2 years minimum, preferred)
- Sales/Use Tax Knowledge is preferred
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred, but not required.
- High Degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Customer Service orientation
- Excellent verbal communication skills