Sr. Admission Counselor- Office of Graduate Admissions
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Sr. Admission Counselor in the Graduate Admissions department. The Sr. Admissions Counselor manages admission decision processes for new graduate students at the University from the point of application to matriculation. This position will prepare files for review, review files to determine if applicants meet minimum admission criteria for the Graduate College, and manages processes for final decisions by graduate faculty. The Sr. Admissions Counselor review’s files for eligibility for institutional aid awards. They perform these functions for all graduate programs for which application procedures are not housed in external centralized application systems (CAS).
• Process all non-CAS admission files for admission decisions.
• Determine the eligibility for Graduate College admission, based on assessment of meeting minimum College admission criteria, and determination of meeting minimum College criteria (GPA calculation, determination of meeting accredited baccalaureate requirement); and preparation of file review by graduate faculty.
• Assign scholarships for Non-CAS programs.
• Manage all procedures for each new graduate student from then point of completed application to matriculated student.
• Process all decisions in Slate CRM: Moving student records to decision bin, assign admission decision to record, release admission decision.
• Manage initial course registration procedures, including interactions with registrar office and academic programs.
• Track provisional acceptances and communicate with applicants as needed. • Serve as representative of admission office to Graduate College orientation committee.
• Contribute to the shared work of the Graduate College admission team.
To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr to electronically apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Review of Applicants will begin on June 1st, 2018 position is open until filled.
• Must have Bachelor's Degree and three or more years of admission experience.
• Experience in Graduate Admission preferred.
• Skills using sophisticated databases and information management.
• Demonstrated understanding of the complex array of academic programs.
• Successful experience working effectively in teams and build good working relationships with a wide variety of faculty and staff.
• Ability to track and manage highly detailed data and procedures, while maintaining productivity, accuracy and efficiency.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org Preferred Qualifications
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.