This position requires successful leadership and management of the Maintenance department including implementation of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance tools and techniques to improve efficiency and uptime. He/she works in conjunction with the engineering department in authorizing capital appropriation requests as necessary to provide a continuous improvement effort in maintaining and improving production equipment through reverse engineering and reliability upgrades. The Maintenance Manager is also responsible for ensuring appropriate spending and management of the staff.
- Design, implement, and manage a preventive and predictive maintenance program for all mechanical equipment and tools.
- Oversee and/or install, maintain, repair, adjust, troubleshoot and inspect equipment and tools.
- Manage maintenance parts inventory management. Maintains appropriate spare parts in a cost-efficient manner while minimizing machine downtime.
- Conducts root-cause analysis to facilitate problem solving activities and understand reasons for equipment failures. Utilizes data to analyze equipment failures and develops and implements improvement processes to reduce or eliminate equipment and process failures.
- Recommend and implement process improvement initiatives to increase operational effectiveness and efficiencies, and process reliability.
- Evaluates production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment. Assures effective and efficient utilization of assigned labor, equipment, and repair parts to maintain control of maintenance costs.
- Leading, teaching, coaching, training, developing and mentoring the members of the team to: Troubleshoot, repair and maintain manufacturing equipment. Follow and enforce procedures outlined in plans/manuals. Ensure maintenance team is trained on all safety and quality policies and procedures and regulations.
- Assist and train other departments on new or modified plant equipment.
- Ensure the production equipment is properly maintained according to the GMPs, safety, and environmental guidelines.
- Ensure the facility and grounds are maintained and meet all plant and corporate standards.
- Collaborate with vendors and contractors to complete the work while meeting all company guidelines and regulations.
- Maintain accurate time and material usage records; job status, work backlog and labor requirement reports.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to develop, set, and track budgets.
- Measure and manage KPIs; including OEE, work order completion and backlog completion, PM compliance, equipment downtime, mean time between failure (MTBF), and mean time to repair (MTTR).
- Secure and maintain all required licenses needed to operate a food manufacturing facility including electrical, boiler, and utilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for Maintenance Supervisor.
- Responsible for millwrights, electricians, mechanics, programmers, planner, and MRO activities and storeroom on 24/7 schedule.
- Reports to the Operations Manager.
- Four-year degree in one of the following areas preferred: mechanical, electrical, electronics, or packaging equipment or, equivalent experience evaluated on a case by case basis. .
- Minimum of 5 years as a Maintenance Manager/Leader with a broad background in maintenance, engineering, and facilities management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with packaging machinery and processing equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with PM and PdM.
- Knowledge and experience of maintenance KPI’s.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.
- Competence with Microsoft Office and SAP.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.