Lead CGI Artist
Description: PRIMARY FUNCTIONBe a driving force in Target Creative by working alongside experienced art directors, designers, stylists and engineers. Our creative and dynamic team works together through all phases of design on a myriad marketing, property development, and product design assignments. Each project provides a new opportunity to solve a problem, tell a story, and illustrate a solution. We are looking for applicants with relevant industry qualifications and software experience who are ready to bring their ideas to the table to create the best guest experience.We are looking for an applicant with a keen artistic eye, who is excited to challenge existing visualization standards, experiment with design theory, and composition, to make renderings that elevate the Target Brand experience.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESProject Management Leadership
- Lead the development of creative solutions, under tight deadlines that balance both the needs of the business and creative/brand standards necessary to achieve the best guest experience
- An excellent eye for composition, lighting, quality and photo-realism
- Development of photo realistic imagery for highly stylized indoor/outdoor lifestyle images that will be published across Marketing channels (i.e. web, apps, VR/AR, facebook, pinterest, print, etc.)
- Expert in lighting and scene assembly
- Ability to manipulate lighting and rendering set ups in 3d to get photo realistic renders
- Undertake finishing and retouching operations on 3D renderings
- An understanding of photographic lighting principles and techniques
- Possess a deep understanding of 3D modeling, shaders, and model optimization for real-time performance to help guide execution strategies on a global team
- Ability to set up fly thru animations and composite final frames
- Act as a creative point of contact representing not only CGI but Target Creative to partners and leadership
- Effective communication with Project Managers, art directors, stylists, developers and fellow artists
- Develop, leverage and maintain strategic partnerships and efficient global working relationships with internal and external partners to aid the progression of the work and enhance the guest experience.
- Ability to receive, filter and efficiently act upon artistic and technical critique
- Strong time management skills
- Aptitude to work on tight project deadlines in both a team and individual environment
- Maintain deep expertise in technology and the market conditions to create solutions to complex problems
- Consistently demonstrate passion for the brand and the team's contribution to the overall success to the organization
- Responsible for solving and implementing process and technology solutions across CGI, Target Studio and Target Creative
- Establish creative strategies with Senior Manager and other senior leadership for achieving channel/business goals that align to broader Target/Target Creative vision.
- Oversee projects of 8-10 global team members with responsibility for ongoing coaching and development necessary to achieve channel/business goals.
- Lead change management as onboarding new business' to CGI, focus on tactics that enable change, drive acceptance and increase engagement
- Partner with Senior Manager to identify Senior PM stretch assignments within assigned channel/business.
- Provide team members with clear direction and expectations.
- Recognize and reward outstanding team accomplishments.
- Engage and inspire team to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance.REPORTING/WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to Senior Manager
- Partner with internal global teams and external partners across the organization including Marketing, Stores, PD&D, Target.com, and Finance.
- Partner with external resources, agencies, vendors and contractors
- Interacts frequently with senior leadership at Target
- Four year college degree
- Minimum of 6-8 years of industry experience or related field experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and oversee project work of others and to provide meaningful feedback
- Experienced and proficient in the use of 3D modeling software such as:3ds Max, V-Ray, Corona, Substance Designer, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and a working knowledge in Rhinoceros, Autodesk Revit Architecture, Maya, SketchUp, and Marvelous Designer.
- Ability to manage and execute complex projects in many different stages and work with ambiguity
- Refined communication and presentation skills
- Partners with external resources, vendors and contractors
- Interacts frequently with other HQ leaders and senior leadership at Target
- Strategic and strong problem solving skills
- Flexible to travel (weekends included)