Automotive General Sales Manager
Saxon’s New Brighton Ford is looking for an experienced Automotive General Sales Manager. We are a family owned franchise seeking a high-energy, results-oriented leader for our sales team. The ideal candidate will have a combination of sales management, F&I, hiring, training, and motivational experience.
1. Adequately staff the sales department to reach volume and profit goals.
2. Defining and measuring expectations and performance of the sales and F&I staff.
3. Holding all sales staff members accountable for their performance.
4. Use the CRM to assess strengths and weakness of staff members and recognize areas of opportunity.
5. Along with the General Manager, the General Sales Manager will develop processes to address the handling of all lead sources; including internet, phone, and foot traffic.
6. Develop and execute continual training and mentoring plans for all sales staff members.
7. Develop and execute recruitment and hiring plans to consistently improve the staff.
8. Interact with customers. Get involved in any interaction as necessary.
9. Work car deals, new and used.
10. Be proficient in factory requirements including certification, bonus programs, incentives, etc.
11. Be able to evaluate and appraise trade-in vehicles, as well as support the pre-owned manager on a need basis.
1. A minimum of 2+ years of Sales Management experience. Ford experience is preferred, as is F&I experience, but not required.
2. Comfortable managing multiple departments and people.
3. Maintain the profitability of the sales departments while controlling expenses and maintaining customer satisfaction.
4. An understanding of federal, state, and local regulations and knowledge of compliance rules
5. Demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills.
6. Be responsible, ethical, committed, and able to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
7. Familiarity with DMS systems, preferably Dealertrack
8. Must pass a drug screen, background check, and have a clean driving record.
10. College graduate preferred but not required.
1. Terrific hours and schedule flexibility
2. Competitive pay plan
3. Paid vacation
4. 401K program
6. A stable, family-owned environment which encourages your ideas and input
Job Type: Full-time
- Automotive Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Automotive Management: 3 years (Required)
If you are the right person for this excellent opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume to Bill Janssen at email@example.com