Commercial Collections Representative
We are seeking full time professionals to join our company and become part of the growing JNR family. In the role of Commercial Collections Representative, you will analyze, negotiate, and settle a wide range of property damage claims in public utility sector. You will be responsible for recognizing subrogation potential, identifying responsible parties, assessing causation, and liability based on the facts of each claim, pursuing adverse parties and carriers, and negotiating settlements. You will be engaged, challenged, and immersed in a culture that encourages teamwork, recognizes individual achievement, and rewards excellence.
*JNR is willing to train candidates with no prior commercial collections experience in cases where the candidate possesses a strong general combination of education, experience, skillset, and other qualifications.
**Recent college graduates, and bilingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Manage end-to-end recovery of property damage claims in the public utility sector, to include but not limited to: collecting, analyzing, and exchanging relevant documentation with appropriate parties as needed to settle claims expeditiously (e.g. damage photos, witness statements, police reports, insurance policy coverage, construction/digging permits, and licenses).
- Investigate, develop, and pursue single and multiple party recovery strategies, to include identifying parties from whom contribution, indemnity, or duty to insure is owed.
- Research and analyze state laws and regulations governing construction, digging, and other activities that routinely cause damage to public utility infrastructure and apply them effectively.
- Negotiate settlements with insurance agencies, individuals, and companies, and compose rebuttal arguments..
- Evaluate and recommend strategic approaches and next steps to maximize probability of recovery on specific claims, such as settlement or legal action.
- Monitor accuracy of data contained in JNR insurance commercial collections management systems and take necessary measures to protect the integrity of the data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to interface with people at all levels within the organization and outside the organization in a polished, professional manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Hourly Base Plus Generous Commission Structure
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, and Life Insurance Plans, HSA, and optional 401K
- Monday through Friday Schedule with Flex-Time Options
- PTO with Paid Holidays
- Business-Casual Dress Code