Lead Product Designer - myDevice
Description: Lead Product Designer (UX Architect) - Team Member ToolsThe Lead Product Designer for Team Member Tools in-Stores is responsible for defining and documenting experiences to build world-class experiences for Target Team Members to enable them to best serve our guests. The product designer will craft UX strategy, drive and facilitate product discovery through testing and research, sketch concepts, define information architecture, build prototypes, and will collaborate with product managers, engineers and other partners. The successful candidate must be able to show specific work samples and case studies that show clear, high-quality documentation articulating complex data-driven and user-focused systems.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Take the lead as you…
- Create world-class Team Member tool experiences for Target's Team members in-stores.
- Understand how to incorporate both qualitative and quantitative research into the design process and be able to articulate and defend design decisions using this research as an input and a guide.
- Engage in product discovery: generate new concept ideas and hypotheses, rapidly prototype and test out those ideas, conduct ux research, pivot quickly to new directions.
- Follow through on delivery: create documents and assets to support engineering in shipping the product out the door.
- Collaborate wildly well with others including other designers, engineers, product managers, QA staff, accessibility team members, and partners in marketing.
- Consult with other teams across Target (e.g., apps, Target Creative, Pricing & Promotions, Item, etc.) to ensure cohesiveness of the App ecosystem for the guest.
- Help define and maintain a pattern library of UI and design elements, together with engineers and accessibility, to ensure reusable, proven and tested patterns are documented and socialized to individual tools teams.
- 7+ years experience in digital software product work with emphasis in UX Architecture and interaction design.
- Experience designing in both desktop and mobile web, and native apps.
- Expert skills in wireframing, design, and prototyping tools (includes Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, Invision, Illustrator, Photoshop or equivalent)
- Experience in both in-person and remote UX research methodologies and ability to conduct or partner with research expert
- Must work well independently and have the ability to successfully lead large-scale projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams
- Must be an exceptional collaborator and persuader
- Must be able to work well in a matrixed environment
- Must be able to present well and articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data