Director of Prevention and Care
JustUs Health, formed through a merger between the Minnesota AIDS Project (MAP) and Rainbow Health Initiative (RHI), envisions a Minnesota where people from diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities experience health and wellness in powerfully inclusive environments. Founded in 1983, MAP is widely recognized for the impact of its prevention and support services for individuals living with HIV or at risk of HIV infection. RHI, founded in 2001, advances the health of the LGBTQ communities through research, education and advocacy. Together, JustUs Health will lead work to achieve health equity for diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities.
JustUs Health (www.justushealth.mn) seeks a full-time Director of Prevention and Care. This position directs the provision of quality services for individuals living with HIV as well as services focused on HIV prevention and tobacco control and prevention. This role directs efforts to evaluate the activities of assigned contracts, services and program areas in order to further the organizational mission of JustUs Health to lead work to achieve health equity for diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities. This position directly supports manager and supervisor-level staff, data/evaluation staff and provides indirect support to direct service providers in the assigned areas. This director engages with government funders to ensure successful contract administration and maintain compliance. The director works with others as needed to secure continued and new contract funding for services areas. All activities are in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
* Manage the utilization of applicable government and private funding to meet organizational resource goals.
* Manage and coordinates completion of proposals required for potential government or private funding sources.
* Lead work, with support from human resources, with all aspects of staff management in assigned areas including: recruiting, hiring, orienting, developing, managing performance and navigating voluntary and involuntary staff transitions.
* Mentor, guide, and coach team in order to expand their capabilities and performance.
* Monitor contracts and grants to assure compliance with contract requirements including: report submission, site visits, financial audits and other compliance tasks.
* Lead the development of and manages the annual budgets for assigned contracts/programs in partnership with program managers and supervisors to assure the effective and efficient use of financial resources.
* Direct the planning and evaluation of each programs activities to support services meet community needs, fulfill contracted goals/requirements and align with organizational goals and values. while assuring the most effective utilization of available resources.
* Convene regular meetings with assigned staff to foster development of supervisory/management skills and to coordinate practical work efforts.
* Lead organizational efforts around Quality Improvement and evaluation in partnership with other staff stakeholders.
* Reviews and reports evaluation findings to internal and external stakeholders as required by contract and as needed to administer services.
* Serves as primary administrator of Ryan White Client Level Data System and HIPAA Compliance Officer for non-clinical services offered by JustUs Health.
* Communicate information in a professional and respectful manner. Communicate information to diverse populations in a manner that is respectful of cultural differences and sensitivity to presence of trauma or crisis within clients we engage with.
* Attends trainings that will develop client service skill, cultural sensitivity, crisis assessment skills and trauma informed care and facilitates staff access to such trainings.
* Assesses escalated client and staff concerns thoroughly in order to support optimal resolution of these concerns.
* Participates in internal and external planning meetings, work groups and so on, engaging in all activities in a professional manner that supports positive views and working relationships with JustUs Health.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of HIV disease, transmission and services.
* Maintain a thorough understanding of tobacco prevention and control concepts.
* Work with computers and electronic databases.
* Master’s degree (or a combination of education and work experience) in social work, human services or other related area, preference to advanced social work degrees and licensure.
* A minimum of six years employment in nonprofit/human service settings with three years of experience in management/supervision/coordination of programs.
* Experience in creating, implementing and managing community-based programs that engage targeted populations.
* Previous experience with implementing and coordinating/managing government funded contracts.
* Demonstrated experience in managing and/or creating budgets.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, builds trust and rapport with all levels of personnel.
* Proven ability to manage people; train and motivate employees at all levels, as well as delegate effectively.
* Capacity to sensitively address issues and work with individuals from diverse populations including: gay/bi/MSM communities, trans or nonbinary gender communities, immigrant populations and communities of color.
* Proven ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
* Excellent project management and planning skills, while providing high attention to details.
* Professional licensure as required by Minnesota statutes or as required by contract.
* Possess the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
* Proficient in the use of personal computers, internet and Microsoft Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (or related e-mail system).
* Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organization or department needs.
* Must possess high degree of professionalism – experience with formal presentations to executive level.
* Access to reliable transportation and ability to travel throughout the metro area is required, periodic statewide travel may occur.
* A minimum of eight years employment in a nonprofit setting, with five years of experience in management/supervision/coordination of programs.
* Demonstrated experience in managing and creating budgets with at least three years of experience conducting such work.
* Previous experience with implementing and coordinating/managing government funded contracts with at least three years of experience conducting such work.
* Valid Minnesota Driver’s license is preferred.
* Lived experience within diverse populations including: gay/bi/MSM communities, trans or nonbinary gender communities, immigrant populations and communities of color.
* Demonstrated knowledge of HIV prevention, care and related issues.
* Demonstrated knowledge of tobacco cessation concepts.
* Previous experience with tobacco control and prevention, HIV prevention, and HIV care programs with preference to experience in programs funded through Ryan White Care funding.
Hours: Full time, generally Mo-Fr, 9-5.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
JustUs Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We encourage applications from all interested persons, including women, people of color, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ+ persons.