Footwear, Product Engineer Quality Assurance
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: ENGINEER or TECHNICAL ANALYST: Jewelry, Accessory & FootwearAS AN JEWERLY, ACCESSORY, AND FOOTWEAR, Engineer, PRODUCT SAFETY & QUALITY ASSURANCESimilar Industry Titles and Key Words: The retail landscape is changing - fast - and Target is evolving along with it. When we created our brand promise of “Expect More. Pay Less.” it paved the way for Target to infuse affordable fashion into our assortment and deliver an outstanding experience for our guests. We are pioneers of innovation with our owned brands and unique partnerships from Archer Farms and A New Day, to Made to Matter and Altuzarra. Today, Target continues to be committed to bringing our guests what they want, when they want it, where they want to shop - in our over 1,800 stores, mobile, online and the retail channels of the future. This position is responsible for delivering quality and safe product to our stores by executing Target's quality assurance requirements throughout the entire product life cycle process. Assure Vendors deliver safe and quality owned brand products to Target's Omni-channel Guest by proactively planning, managing and executing Target's compliance and quality assurance initiatives Responsible to assure the quality, safety and integrity for all owned brand products and validate regulatory compliance for and issue compliance documentation for a subset of owned and non-owned brand products. Execute and maintain global policy & procedures creation, modification and implementation for headquarters and field processes to meet compliance and quality requirements. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Product Safety Quality Assurance Entry Level Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Utilize knowledge of product engineering/manufacturing, engineering principles and tools, raw materials characteristics, and intended product use of categories assigned.
- Lead, assess and resolve product failures and inspection issues; working proactively with vendor, factory, global and HQ PSQA team and PIR to assure timely and appropriate closure.
- Develop and assess testing protocols, and assure protocols incorporate appropriate elements, regulatory requirements and general testing performance for categories assigned.
- Lead product investigation issues with the Product Investigations Recall team to ensure appropriate vendor corrective actions are implemented mitigating risk
- Maintain Compliance and Quality Management Overview to demonstrate how Target meets legal obligations as requested by governmental agency or a product liability litigator, as appropriate.
- Proactive involvement in product development and quality/cost review including milestone measurements to assure proper insertion of QA process and use of elevated QA requirements for product and factory risk.
- Support global PSQA field and Sourcing team in escalation process, risk mitigation and in negotiation of production exit strategies for non-compliant factories.
- Analyze and report overall trends for the PSQA program, such as Guest Relations Reporting, Testing, Product Shipped Risk Report, etc…
- Effectively communicate quality direction, policy and procedure throughout the organization, vendors, and factories.
- Utilize 6 Sigma and engineering tools such as FMEA to structure risk mitigation reduction based on either failure (mode) effect severity reduction or based on lowering the probability of failure.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (mechanical, material, industrial, multi-discipline etc.) and/or 3-5 years technical disciplines (i.e. Quality Management, Textile Science) equivalent and/or retail compliance, quality management, product or manufacturing industry equivalent.
- Knowledge of quality control/assurance processes and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Collaborative focus and ability to work successfully across functional areas.DESIRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to read and interpret statutes and legislations into PSQA compliance and quality program.
- Knowledge of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), which contains all of the process and technical details necessary to comply with regulations, certification, and due care, which gives Target the expertise necessary to ensure that vendors' documents meet the law.
- Ability to understand and implement appropriate industry standards such as ASTM, ANSI, BIFMA and BSI
- Experience in retail merchandise operations or support (Buying, Sourcing, QA, Design etc.)
- Field Auditing experience.
- 6Sigma certified.
- Member of industry QA organizations and certifications.