Lead Product Owner
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we're looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Network Planning and Global Intelligence means applying business analytics, managing products and/or designing new capabilities. You may focus on enabling the future transportation operating model, optimizing inventory management, driving topology planning, and leveraging deep business insights to propel Target's supply chain. We are data focused and seek out curious minds who not only love to analyze data, but understand business intelligence and like to make an impact. We are super-powered by our people, first and foremost, and supported by robust process and technology.
The Lead Product Owner will represent the ‘voice of the customer' for the Transportation and Logistics team, representing the internal user personas to the engineering team, and prioritizing business requirements, fixes and functionality that maximize business value. This position will work with a broad set of supply chain stakeholders, internal and external end-users and technical partners, to collaborate on the best solutions to drive speed, reliability and efficiency in the network.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for the product portfolio, working in the product model and communicating with business partners and stakeholders.
- Lead, manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, business partners and stakeholders for the advancement of the product.
- Assess value, develop cases and prioritize business and technical stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Ensure stories clearly communicate the customer and stakeholder needs to the development team, to meet key business objectives and strategies for the product.
- Maintain and refine backlog: Create user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritize all stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum business value that align with product strategy.
- Collaborate extensively with scrum teams, providing leadership and ensuring the teams are aligned around similar goals and objectives.
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organization's direction.
- Foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles.
Reports to Director of Product Management.
Works with counterparts throughout the entire Target organization including global team members. Works with external partners including transportation service providers and vendors.
- 2-3 years in a product role or equivalent
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and tech teams
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Agile certification
- Product Owner certification
- Experience working with Last Mile Transportation Management Systems