Full-time temporary Legislative Assistant position for the nonpartisan Sergeant at Arms department of the Minnesota House of Representatives. The Legislative Assistant provides administrative support services for the department and interacts with legislators, staff and the public as the department receptionist. The position will begin in December and continue for the 2019 legislative session.
- Must have the ability to work long and irregular hours, especially during the legislative session
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to deal with and resolve conflict
- Strong organizational ability
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and excellent computer skills
- Good knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and composition
- Prior nonpartisan legislative experience is highly desirable
Entry salary $645.14 - $850.20 weekly, commensurate with experience.
To ensure consideration, cover letter and resume must be received by Friday, November 16, 2018. Send to:
Please indicate the title of the job you are applying for in your cover letter.
MAIL: Human Resources
185 State Office Building
St. Paul, MN 55155