Mental Health Practitioner
People Incorporated serves people with mental illness in the Minneapolis and Saint Paul metro area. In 2017, we reached 13,000 individuals through more than 60 different programs. Helping people with mental illness requires great flexibility and creativity. That's why we start with the person first...developing innovative, effective services that provide the care, resources, and connections that will help each person in the best way possible. Join us in our mission to support mental health and wellness in our community through collaboration and integration of care!
We are seeking candidates for Mental Health Practitioner positions in our Crisis & IRTS programs. If you want to gain exposure to a high volume of clients with complex diagnoses and co-occurring disorders then Crisis Residences are a great place for you to begin or grow your career. We provide stable and supportive environments to people who are in the midst of mental health crises. Staff collaborate with residents to develop stabilization goals and support progress toward individualized visions of wellness.
The Mental Health Practitioner will adhere to the guidelines of each client's Goal Plan, Emergency Plan and Risk Management Plan. Responsibilities are to provide:
- Psychoeducation about mental illness diagnoses and symptoms
- Individual sessions focused on brief therapeutic modalities and skill building for coping with mental health symptoms
- Independent living skills supervision and education
- Crisis stabilization and prevention planning
- Information and/or referrals to resources in the community for increased support and stabilization
- Skill-development training for independent living skills, daily living skills & social skills
All staff members attend monthly supervision meetings, weekly clinical review meetings, and monthly staff meetings.
- Understanding of working with adults with mental illness
- A strong commitment to direct practice
- Advanced interpersonal skills
- Proficiency using electronic medical records
- High School diploma / GED
- 6,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of clinical services in the treatment of mental illness
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services
- 2,000 hours of supervised experience in the delivery of clinical services in the treatment of mental illness
- Strength in time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Basic understanding of therapeutic modalities with an ability to demonstrate application of these techniques through a client-centered approach
- Basic understanding of treatment planning
- Previous experience co-facilitating groups and managing group dynamics
- Enjoys a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrates strength collaborating on a multidisciplinary team
People Incorporated offers a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, fours weeks of paid time off and supervision toward professional licensure. Beginning November 1, 2018 People Incorporated grounds will be tobacco free to promote health and wellness for the individuals we serve and for our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, veterans or other status unrelated to job qualifications.