Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (MHRW)
1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
People Incorporated serves people with mental illness in the Minneapolis and Saint Paul metro area. In 2017, we reached over 13,000 individuals through more than 60 different programs. Helping people with mental illness requires great flexibility and creativity. That's why we start with the person first...developing innovative, effective services that provide the care, resources, and connections that will help each person in the best way possible. Join us in our mission to support mental health and wellness in our community through collaboration and integration of care!
We are hiring Mental Health Rehabilitation Worker (MHRW) positions that will be trained to work in our Crisis and Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) programs. In our Crisis and IRTS programs we provide stable and supportive environments to people who are in the midst of mental health crises. Each resident collaborates with staff to develop individualized stabilization goals and works toward their own vision of wellness. These positions will go through a training program and will learn how to help create a supportive environment to better serve our clients. Responsibilities may include:
- Greeting new admits and providing program tours
- Documenting observable behaviors and symptoms as well as participation in activities
- Joining clients for art workshops or other recreational activities
- Administering medications
- Serving meals and prepping rooms for new admits
Our employees are the primary, stabilizing support for our clients so we are interested in the growth and development of these employees.
We have five different treatment residences located in St. Paul, Minneapolis and Coon Rapids. Each program operates 24/7 so there are currently full-time and part-time overnight shifts available. The regular schedule will be determined upon offer. In general, employees must be flexible to attend supervision meetings, monthly staff meetings and ongoing training opportunities as well as meeting the needs of our 24/7 programs.
- High school diploma and minimum age of 21 years
- Excellent driving record, reliable car, and current auto insurance
- Associates Degree in behavioral science
- Two years of full-time work experience with people with serious and persistent mental illness
- Bachelor degree in social work, psychology, or human services
- Previous experience working with individuals with serious and persistent mental illness, chemical dependency, developmental disabilities, and/or other health conditions that impact mental health
People Incorporated offers a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, fours weeks of paid time off and supervision toward professional licensure. Beginning November 1, 2018 People Incorporated grounds will be tobacco free to promote health and wellness for the individuals we serve and for our employees.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, veterans or other status unrelated to job qualifications.