Transportation Security Officer (TSO)
Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is hiring full-time Transportation Security Officers at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP). Paid, ongoing training will be provided; no experience is required.
Full-time starting salary: $16.71 per hour
Includes 23.37% locality pay.
Join us at our TSA Presentation and Application Assistance Event
Thursday, October 25, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Sessions begin at the top of each hour
Bloomington Workforce Center
4220 W. Old Shakopee Rd. #100
Specific duties for TSA Transportation Security Officers include:
- Screening passengers, cargo and bags for prohibited and dangerous objects and materials.
- Maintaining efficient passenger traffic flows through security checkpoints.
- Monitoring airport security measures and reporting potential vulnerabilities and weaknesses.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must meet these qualifications in order to be further evaluated in the TSO hiring process:
- Have a high school diploma, General Educational Development (GED), High School Equivalency Test (HiSET), or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) credential OR at least one year of full-time work experience in the security industry, aviation screening, or as an X-ray technician.
- Be proficient in English (i.e., able to read, write, speak and comprehend).
TSA offers an attractive federal benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and long-term care insurance; retirement plan; Thrift Savings Plan similar to a 401(k); Flexible Spending Account; Employee Assistance Program; personal leave days and paid federal holidays.
Other benefits may include a uniform allowance; health and wellness programs; transportation subsidies and ongoing training with tuition reimbursement. DHS is committed to employee development and offers a variety of employee training and developmental opportunities.
TSA also provides part-time Transportation Security Officers the opportunity to take advantage of receiving Federal Employee Health Benefits (FEHB) while only paying the same low cost as full-time employees.