SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
- Employment Status
- Full Time
- Collaborate in a team environment using an agile development process to develop digital media products for a variety of platforms and devices.
- Understands business requirements, participates in strategic brainstorming, contributes to technical decision making and builds solutions that meet stated goals and objectives.
- Architects technical solutions for complex systems while taking into account business requirements, integration points, infrastructure factors and security interests.
·Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs and implements software using processes, tools and languages established by the digital department of TPT.
- Adapts graphics, text and other content for use on TPT’s digital properties.
- Analyzes user feedback, identifies new trends, and makes technology improvement recommendations to fellow developers and stakeholders.
- Works to improve processes, identify alternate approaches, and assist in the establishment of specifications and coding standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of web and mobile development experience.
- 1+ year of experience working with agile development Scrum framework.
- Ability to work independently, be organized, establish priorities and manage time effectively.
- Ability and success in process improvement and innovation.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners in a friendly and professional manner.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional detail orientation with specific attention to accuracy and quality service.
- Ability to problem solve, think critically and foresee complications with proposed solutions.
- Proficiency and demonstrated work experience in the following:
- PHP (Larvel experience preferred)
- Usage of relational (MySQL) and non-relational (MongoDB, ElasticSearch, etc) databases
- Writing and consuming HTTP based APIs
- Version control (preferably GIT)
- Interacting with Linux servers
To apply, visit our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings/ - Diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
ABOUT TPT: Founded in 1957, Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is one of the most innovative public media organizations in the country. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veteran and Disability employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com