Financial Aid Assistant
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Financial Aid Assistant in the Financial Aid Department.
The Financial Aid Assistant serves as an integral part of the financial aid team. This position takes responsibility as the front-line, first contact for students, parents, faculty, and staff with questions or concerns regarding financial aid. This position provides essential, first-rate customer service. The Financial Aid Assistant assists in the coordination of general workflow by imaging and processing acceptable electronic and paper documentation and correspondence.
• Provide excellent customer service to students, parents, staff, faculty, and visitors.
• Unlock office, turn on phone and prepare office for daily operations.
• Greet and assist walk-in visitors and answer telephone calls.
• Trouble-shoot FAFSA filing questions and errors and provide accurate responses to inquiries.
• Respond to requests for information from students, parents, staff using Banner, Docfinity, Slate and the National Student Loan Data Systems.
• Schedule financial aid counselor appointments.
• Monitor and respond daily to departmental e-mail, respond or forward inquiries as appropriate.
• Scan and index required materials into document imaging systems with support from student workers and staff. Coordinate the scanning of files and track electronic label dates and award counts.
• Complete tracking requirements using Banner enterprise system.
• Review institutional aid applications and update records.
• Assemble new student award letters and packets.
• Complete data entry for eligibility documentation, cancel/defer records, exit counseling, state grant unit reports.
• Mail paper correspondence. Maintain outside scholarship database. Complete data entry or projects as needed by Counselors, Assistant, or Associate Directors.
• Create, organize, and maintain student file system. Maintain supplies, forms, and publication stock.
• Open, sort, and direct mail to appropriate staff. General administrative office duties as apparent or assigned.
• High school diploma/GED Required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Dedication to providing excellent customer service to St. Catherine University community.
• Ability and desire to work with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
• Proven ability to work as a team member.
• Demonstrated proficiency with computer mainframe and software.
• Ability to meet deadlines and process a high volume of work with great accuracy.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Knowledge of software in MS Office Suite or other similar software.
• Data entry and word processing skills.
• Knowledge of general office procedures.
• Previous financial aid experience, knowledge of financial aid policies and regulations preferred.
• Prior BANNER experience preferred.
To apply: : Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180075-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org Preferred Qualifications
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.