Associate Designer - Wall Art & Outdoor Living
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: ASSOCIATE DESIGNER - WALL DÉCOR & OUTDOOR LIVING, HOME & HARDLINESAbout us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, or hardlines. Here, you'll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop. A role with the Design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you'll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you'll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction. As an Associate Designer - Wall Décor & Outdoor Living, you'll support Owned Brand Product Design and Development with direction from design leaders to achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives.
- Contribute to the design of original products, exclusive to Target, that achieve overall design vision, express our brands' values, and deliver on merchant/business strategies. See product design through all stages of execution.
- Work on a broad range of product categories, including soft goods, hard goods & artwork development.
- Create original artwork / print & pattern, aligned to our owned-brands' aesthetics, as needed for our business categories.
- Support the team in a variety of tasks, including executing concepts, preparing specs, making presentation materials, documenting assortments, etc…
- Support product, brand, trend and guest research.
- Stay abreast of home industry market trends, and translate those insights and inspirations into trend-right, commercially viable home products.
- Cultivate an insatiable curiosity to understand guest needs to inform and create relevant solutions.
- Partner with domestic and overseas vendors to understand and leverage capabilities; build knowledge of product costing impacts.
- Collaborate with Product Engineering, Technical Development and Sourcing teams to ensure designs are compatible with quality requirements, vendor capabilities and pricing goals.
- Input and maintain accurate information within our vendor communication system
- Diligent approach to workload; meeting key deadlines and maintaining timely communications.
- Build solid relationships with team members, CFT partners and vendors.
- 4 year degree in Design, Fine Art or similar.
- Minimum 2 years' experience.
- Strong aptitude for trend & style; demonstrated high taste level and creative ability, including color, pattern, form language, commercial sense and market knowledge.
- Ability to contribute across a variety of product types: both hard and soft goods.
- Capable of creating diverse styles of illustration / print & pattern; able index files and put patterns in repeat.
- Technical skills: Proficient in all Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Highly collaborative and able to successfully work in a team environment.