Environment, Health & Safety Manager
The Environmental, Health & Safety Manager will provide Safety, Environmental and strategic direction by leading and supporting operations efforts to identify, eliminate and reduce exposures to create a safe and compliant work environment.
As an integral member of the Plant Management Team, the EH&S Manager will support and advise site management regarding the TreeHouse Safety Management system. He/She will formulate a proactive, local EHS strategy that drives the plant to become safe, compliant and sustainable, operationally. The EH&S Manager will lead the effort to eliminate, prevent, or reduce the occurrence of safety, health and medical issues.
The Environment, Health & Safety Manager will act as a change agent to accelerate best practice sharing within the facility. He/She will serve as the site primary regulatory agency liaison for all agency communications representative for Health and Safety.
• Works as a Subject Matter Expert to develop and implement site-specific policies and programs to ensure the facility is in compliance with safety and health requirements in accordance with federal/state/local regulatory and Company requirements. (OSHA, EPA and TreeHouse Foods standards)
• Manages daily activities to ensure interaction with facility management team, team leaders, and facility employees in order to increase awareness and education levels regarding safe and compliant work.
• Assures the plants EHS Improvement Plan is appropriate and executed.
• Analyzes incident data to identify trends and incident types that can be prevented.
• Perform job site analysis to determine employee and property exposures, and institute safe work practices.
• Conducts daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual safety inspections, document findings, and implement corrective actions.
• Maintains all site required documentation related to health and safety programs (i.e. accident reports, inspection reports, corrective action logs, training records, etc.)
• Oversees hazardous waste control and disposal activities including training, collection, disposal, and records maintenance and for conservation programs within the organization.
• Coordinates Environmental duties including; SWPPP (Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan), NPDES (National Pollution Discharge Elimination System) Permit, Internal/External Environmental Audits, Air Pollution Permit, Air Quality Inspections, Dust Collector Reports, Hazardous Waste, TIER II Report Corporate Environmental Audit and present annual training.
• Supports property inspection process and closure of loss prevention findings.
• Monitors and supports security-related events.
• Participates in claims management program with HR team.
• 3+ years of progressive experience in environment, health and safety, and/or sustainability management.
• Strong knowledge of safety regulations (OSHA, hazard communications, accident investigation and safety training methods, etc.)
• Knowledgeable of industry best practice regarding safety and environmental management practices with PSM & RMP.
• B.S. degree in safety management, environmental health, or related field.
• Master's degree preferred;
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Experience working in a manufacturing facility.
• Food and Beverage experience preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree Required – Type: Engineering or Industrial Technology, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety or related
Preferred Attributes (Outline any additional skills)
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
Working Conditions: (Outline any travel and/or physical requirements)
- Walking Enter 75% of the time
- Travel (other than driving) Enter 10% of the time
- Unusual Working Hours What are the hours Some second shift oversight may be required.
The duties & responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list of all tasks. Additional tasks maybe assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veterans/Disability