Site Manager III, Historic Fort Snelling
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JOB TITLE: #1193 Site Manager III, Historic Fort Snelling
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: Historic Fort Snelling, 200 Tower Ave, St. Paul, MN 55111
SALARY: $5,168.00 monthly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (2,088 annual hours) position.
CLASSIFICATION: 21K Supervisory
HIRING MANAGER: Director, Metro Sites
POSTING DATE: October 3, 2018
DEADLINE DATE: Open until filled; preference will be given to applications received by November 16, 2018.
DESCRIPTION: The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants to provide strategic leadership in the professional administration and management of Historic Fort Snelling (HFS). The Site Manager III, Historic Fort Snelling will develop and implement long range and annual work plans; provide fiscal, business and facility operations management; oversee the delivery of public and schools program operations; direct the hiring, training, supervision, and motivation of site staff, interns, and volunteers, and manage the site’s public relations and outreach community development efforts.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) provide leadership through the development and implementation of long range and annual work plans for HFS; 2) set vision and lead staff for the development and implementation of site programs and exhibits; 3) establishes and maintains productive relationships with several varied constituencies and serves as a representative, when necessary and appropriate, of MNHS and of HFS; 4) manage public relations and community outreach development efforts; 5) provide leadership in the fiscal, business, and facility operations of HFS; 6) manages the historic site properties, including historic structures, features, furnishings, support facilities, equipment, trails and land to ensure its physical and historic integrity and to provide maximum safety for visitors and staff; and 7) provide overall direction for placing, training, supervising and motivating assigned staff, interns, volunteers and fellows. Ensure compliance with MNHS policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s in business administration, history, liberal arts or a related field plus five years management experience in customer service and/or at a historic site OR an advanced degree plus three years management experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in human resource, financial, and building management.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including ability to serve on teams and communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated positive customer service skills.
- An understanding of the methodology of museum education, audience assessment, program and exhibit evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in written, oral, and visual media to specialized audiences and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to think imaginatively and problem solve.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage complex budgets and multi-faceted projects/programs within a large institution.
- Ability to coordinate a partnership in an area with properties owned by many entities other than MNHS, in an environment of political sensitivity.
- General knowledge of professional standards in acquisition, conservation, care and use of historical artifacts.
- Demonstrated experience with education program interpretation and methodology.
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of Minnesota history.
- Master’s in historical administration, history museum studies, history, or a related field.
- Knowledge of Project Management principles.
- Knowledge of content and research in American social history and material culture.
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
Should you have questions with the application process, email email@example.com or call MNHS Job Line at 651-259-3181. Applicants offered employment are subject to passing a background check as a condition of employment. EEO