Production Inventory Planner
Production Inventory PlannerAtterro onsite at Cantel Medical is looking for an Inventory Planner with experience in manufacturing environments. Cantel is a fast growing medical device manufacture dedicated to delivering innovative infection prevention products and services for patients, caregivers, and other healthcare providers which improve outcomes, enhance safety and help save lives. In this position you would be responsible to ensure that an uninterrupted flow of product is available to meet demand/forecast via the Sales Operation & Planning (S&OP) model. Understanding of best practices in scheduling, MRP systems, and data/metric analysis is essential for this role.
- Ensure the uninterrupted scheduling of products by obtaining and ensuring the delivery schedules meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Work in conjunction with Production to determine the model mix and schedule for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Maintain daily/weekly production schedules in line with customer and the companies’ requirements.
- Provide input and support supply planning process as part of Sales Operation and Planning model.
- Responsible for timely communication of product availability with both internal and external customers.
- Accountable for use of business software system to ensure appropriate and accurate MRP/ERP messages are in place and align key parameters such as safety stock levels, order points, and lead time factors.
- Coordinate with the Procurement, R & D, Operations, and other various departments in support of introduction of new products.
- Provide input and feedback to Management regarding schedule performance and adherence.
- Manage ECO implementations, design changes, labor and material shortages, backlogs and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Participate in providing policies and procedures to support production planning functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Materials Management, Supply Chain, Business Management, Industrial Engineering, or related field or 3 years of previous experience in a supply chain function required.
- Medical Device or ISO/FDA regulated industry experience preferred.
- APICS (CPIM/CIRM) or other Planning related certifications preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (specifically Excel) skills preferred.
- Hands-on experience in an ERP/MRP environment preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization both inside and outside the company. Must be able to summarize issues and present facts to make recommendations to management.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts and the ability to demonstrate everyday incremental improvements within job scope.
- Demonstrated ability to follow up with tasks and issues along with problem-solving skills are essential. Ability to drive and sustain improvements to Supply Chain processes.