Education Engagement Supervisor
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: $37,000 - $43,000 based on qualifications
Developing and implementing the Hocokata Ti's multidisciplinary Education Department with lifelong learning programs to promote Dakota culture and history. Maintain close contact with Cultural Resources and collections departments to ensure adequate training and input for exhibits. Expand external partnerships with high standards of excellence to create a dynamic and enriching visitor experience and to establish critical community outreach to educate and engage diverse audiences. Leadership responsibility for education, public programs, visitor services and co-leads marketing and public relations efforts.
To include setting and maintaining.
- Supervises development, implementation, and scheduling of on-site and outreach programs, tours, special events, lectures, camp and workshops. Develop STEAM based educational programs for schools and youth organizations.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a museum education master plan and interpretation plan applying SMSC Culture and History Preservation strategic initiative goals. Utilize principles of evaluation for educational programming, visitor services and outreach programs for local and statewide audiences.
- Serve as an institutional liaison with schools, museums, supports educational initiatives and other partners to secure long-term relationships to broaden the Hocokata Ti's education and outreach programming.
- Supervise Hocokata Ti's Education Department staff
- Attend special event and meetings to bring cultural awareness to the public about the SMSC Hocokata Ti.
- Manager on duty in the absence of the Cultural Center General Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree preferred in American Indian Studies, American Indian History, education, museum studies, humanities
- 5 years' experience in education at a multidisciplinary museum or cultural organization
- Knowledge of Dakota Indian history and culture obtained through coursework or on the job
- Knowledge of strategic museum education program planning development
- Ability to market and promote museum education programs and events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver's license required with good driving record.