Sr Corp Security Consultant - Physical Access Control
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: JOB TITLE: Sr Corporate Security ConsultantClassification: Exempt Date: October 2018About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.To match the signature style and passion of Target's distinctive and beloved retail brand, Target Legal Affairs is a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team of legal pros, each with valuable expertise from several disciplines. Whether specializing in government affairs, policy, risk management, regulatory compliance, ethics or employee and labor relations, this team advocates for Target and its business plans in communities across the nation and works across the entire company to provide internal clients with cohesive guidance. We are committed to being internal experts to both internal and external entities on key issues that affect Target's ability to productively do business. We focus on defining, investigating, anticipating and ultimately mitigating risk in all its forms. We apply our grasp of brand law by overseeing, maintaining and ensuring correct, consistent and authorized use of Target's signature Bullseye logo, assets and other trademarked material. We help protect Target and its subsidiaries by applying our comprehensive understanding and interpretation of the laws that govern our stores, distribution centers and corporate locations. Here, you'll enjoy working autonomously with a healthy work-life balance. Your passion for learning the business and building relationships with the senior leaders and key business partners that you support will be key to tackling the ever-changing legal challenges we face in a dynamic and fast-paced retail landscape. From brand and patent law to contract development and negotiations, you'll be challenged and gratified by a role with Target Legal Affairs.A role within Corporate Security means maintaining the physical security of our team members and property at our various facilities and locations. Here, you may support Target's crises operations and continuity planning that provides guidance and procedures in the event of emergencies such as catastrophic weather.The Sr Corporate Security Consultant leads strategic oversight of Corporate Security physical access control (PACS) platforms. The role is responsible for designing, developing, and deploying access control solutions that ensure for a secure and resilient working environment.
- Lead the creation and execution of the physical access control strategy, partnering with cross-functional partners and leadership to ensure priorities and projects align.
- Evaluate new and existing access control processes, procedures and technologies that drive continuous improvement and innovation.
- Develop and implement recommendations that optimize and innovate the access control ecosystem.
- Oversee and guide contractor team responsible for systems health and repair/replace processes.
- Define, document and implement physical access control practices and integrate into existing environment to ensure cohesion and clarity.
- Provide subject matter expertise consultation with internal partners to make effective decisions surrounding access control controls selection.
- Deliver project communication and updates to stakeholders, sponsors, and senior management to keep key decision makers informed of progress of deliverables, issues, change management, etc.
- Participate in and facilitate benchmarking discussions with industry partners and consultants; implement innovative changes that align or exceed with access control industry standards.
- Support general security technology controls selection, testing and implementation.
- Lead special projects/initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Self-starter and able to thrive in a highly dynamic, collaborative environment
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to maximize relationships in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated bias for action and driving change
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrates courage with difficult issues despite personal risk; takes risks and champions new ideas
- Intermediate-level project management skills
- High comfort level with ambiguity and change management
- Security technology experience (IP video, access control, intrusion, etc.)
- Security and risk management experience
- Lenel Certified