The University of Wisconsin River Falls, a member of the University of Wisconsin System, is located in scenic west central Wisconsin, 30 miles from the multi-cultural, multi-ethnic cities of Minneapolis and St Paul. Year-round arts, cultural and recreational events are easily accessible from River Falls. UWRF's 6,100 undergraduate and graduate students pursue degrees in four colleges: Arts and Sciences, Education and Professional Studies; Agriculture, Food and Environmental Sciences; and Business and Economics.
The University provides an excellent environment for learning, emphasizing the importance of faculty-student interaction in classrooms, laboratories, academic advising, and co-curricular activities. A favorable student-faculty ratio affords opportunity for meaningful interchange between faculty and students. Strong interests in teaching, research and community service are highly valued. More information about UWRF can be found at: http://www.uwrf.edu/workhere/.
The assistant chancellor works with senior administrative leaders to advance the mission and strategic goals of UW-River Falls. Under the direction of the chancellor, the assistant chancellor develops and executes engagement and fundraising plans for the university’s advancement program, including annual gifts, major gifts, corporate and foundation gifts, planned giving, donor relations, alumni relations, as well as research and prospect management – including designing and implementing ongoing and future campaigns. Anticipated Appointment date: March 1, 2019.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a strategic direction for the Office of University Advancement in close collaboration with the Chancellor and University leadership.
- Lead and supervise a multi-faceted, metrics-informed advancement operation including major and planned gifts, alumni relations, special events, annual giving, corporate and foundation relations, development research and donor relations.
- Devote approximately 50% of time to managing an independent portfolio of major donors as well as to directing the fundraising efforts of the chancellor, university leadership and volunteers in soliciting charitable contributions from key alumni, friends, corporations and foundations.
- Exercise sound judgement and professional ethics in soliciting and stewarding contributions.
- Represent the University at functions and events, as well as through personal, community, and professional/organizational affiliations.
- Promote the University to internal and external stakeholders in collaboration with the Office of University Communications and Marketing.
- At the discretion of the chancellor, serve as a member of the Chancellor’s Cabinet.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the UWRF Foundation Board of Directors, regularly update the Board on fundraising initiatives and progress, and work collaboratively with the UWRF Foundation president, particularly related to gift acceptance and stewardship matters.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Five years senior-level leadership experience in one or more successful organizations in which external relationships, partnerships, and effective stewardship are central to mission.
- Significant experience in supervising personnel, managing budget, and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated success in resource development in university, non-profit or private sector setting.
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of charitable giving and non-profit management.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to write and speak clearly and effectively, and the ability to build relationships and rapport with a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to inspire confidence from diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate the values of higher education and importance of charitable support.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and participate in evening and weekend events and activities.
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution.
- Seasoned advancement professional with a proven track record of asking for and securing major/leadership contributions.
- Leadership experience managing a successful advancement operation in a university or non-profit setting.
Materials not submitted through https://jobs.uwrf.edu/ cannot be considered.
- Curriculum vitae/Resume
- Letter of interest addressing how your qualifications and experience relate to the vacancy (Cover Letter)
- An unofficial transcript (official copies of transcripts will be required if hired).
- Provide the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three professional references who can specifically comment on your teaching ability, experience and professional preparation (References).
Inquiries should be addressed to:
Dr. Michael Fronmueller
Dean, College of Business and Economics
University of Wisconsin River Falls
Deadline to Apply: Initial review of applications will begin upon receipt. For full consideration, applicants should submit all required materials by December 1, 2018. A criminal background check will be completed on final candidates.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. sec. 19.36(7).
UW-River Falls does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources at 715-425-4941.
UW-River Falls Diversity Statement: We declare that diversity and inclusivity are core values. We dedicate ourselves to build a culture grounded in principles of equity, social justice, and excellence. We fundamentally affirm and embrace the multiple identities, values, belief systems, and cultural practices of all individuals and communities. We will address fundamental issues of bias, discrimination, and exclusion.
The University is committed to creating an educational community which enhances student awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnicities and cultures and identities which actively supports tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each person without regard to economic status, ethnic background, political views, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics or beliefs. Awareness of and sensitivity to diverse ethnic and cultural heritages are especially sought in applicants.
UWRF is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer subject to all state and federal regulations pertaining to non-discrimination based upon sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age, arrest and/or conviction record, veteran status, and membership in the national guard, state defense force, or any other reserve component of the military forces of the United States or the State of Wisconsin. All persons, especially women, persons of color, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of your identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For a copy of the UWRF campus safety information, see http:www.uwrf.edu/Police/CampusRecordsCrimes.cfm or call University Police at (715) 425-3133 for a paper copy. This material includes crime statistics (Annual Security Report) and information on crime prevention, sexual assault, and drug/alcohol issues.