Lead Engineer - VMaaS
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.As a Lead Engineer, you'll be able to…Use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain. Evaluate new technologies and participates in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target's technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership. Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies. Lead or set strategy for testing and debugging at the platform or enterprise level. In complex and unstructured situations, serve as an expert resource to create and improve standards and best practices to ensure high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables. Lead the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services. Provide the team with thought leadership to promote re-use and develop consistent, scalable patterns. Participate in planning services that have enterprise impact. Provide suggestions for handling routine and moderately complex technical problems, escalating issues when appropriate. Gather information, data, and input from a wide variety of sources; identify additional resources when appropriate, engage with appropriate stakeholders, and conduct in-depth analysis of information. Provide suggestions for handling routine and moderately complex technical problems, escalating issues when appropriate. Develop plans and schedules, estimate resource requirements, and define milestones and deliverables. Monitor workflow and risks; play a leadership role in mitigating risks and removing obstacles. Lead and participate in complex construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation with architectural and operational requirements met. Establish new standards and best practices to monitor, test, automate, and maintain IT components or systems. Serve as an expert resource in disaster recovery and disaster recovery planning. Stay current with Target's technical capabilities, infrastructure, and technical environment. Develop fully attributed data models, including logical, physical, and canonical. Influence data standards, policies, and procedures. Install, configure, and/or tune data management solutions with minimal guidance. Monitor data management solution(s) and identify optimization opportunitiesRequirements:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years total work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience with full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience on VMware technologies, ESXi, vCenter, KVM open source, oVirt and CentOS, ManageIQ.
- Good knowledge and experience in Linux flavors and Windows OS's
- Experience with coding languages to drive system integration and automation (preferred Java and/or Ruby)
- Experience with integrating and programing with APIs
- Expert in Multiplatform operating systems with an emphasis in Linux (RHEL/CentOS 6/7 and Windows or any other Linux Variant - Debian/Ubuntu)
- Extensive experience with server virtualization technologies (RHEV, VMware)
- Experience with provisioning and automation platforms
- Knowledge of configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Exposure to image based deployment
- Experienced in Infrastructure as Code practices and in applying test driven development practices to infrastructure
- Excited to work in a fast paced agile environment
- This role will require patching and maintaining config compliance and routine firmware upgrades
- This role will require deep troubleshooting skills to support and help onboarding of applications to the cloud hosting platforms.
- Strong background and experience overall Infrastructure architecture, design, and implementation across Server, Compute, Network, Data Center, and Storage technologies.
- You are passionate about staying on top of new and evolving technologies
- You have an innovative mindset - willingness to push new ideas into the company
- You are a highly productive coder, self-starter and self-motivated
- You are comfortable in adopting latest technologies
- Experience in development and/or automation/programming technologies - specifically Python, Ruby, GoLang or other corresponding automation/code technologies that can be used to build automated infrastructure services.
- Ability to work across teams, partners, and other technology leadership to assess current and planned roadmaps to develop.