Social Worker- Access and Success
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Social Worker in the Access and Success Department.
The Access and Success Social worker position is .75 FTE and Grant Funded through June 30, 2020. This position is in the Access and Success program, which primarily serves student parents. The Access & Success Social Worker works closely with the other social workers in the program. This position has as its primary focus the student parents in the associate programs but will also work with other enrollment groups and single students applying for an emergency assistance grant. The primary responsibilities include working with individual students to provide support, assessments advocacy, referral to resources, assistance with problem solving etc. The social worker will also facilitate monthly lunches, engage with the campus community, outreach to students and manage programs as needed. This person will keep up to date records, keep accurate student parent data and work as an active member of the team. Additionally the social worker will provide intensive case management for 5-8 young, at-risk student parents through the Keys to Degrees program.
• Working with individual student parents to provide support, assessment, advocacy, resources, referral to resources, assist with problem solving.
• Facilitate monthly lunches for student parents.
• Work with students requesting emergency grants.
• Engage consistently with the University community to promote services.
• Maintain programing, record keeping and data management.
• Serve as an active member of the program team.
• Keep up to date with community resources for referral and networking.
• Provide case management for 5 to 8 at-risk student parents.
• Bachelor’s degree required, with social work licensure or eligible to be licensed in the state of Minnesota and 2-3 years' experience working with low income families.
• Licensed Graduate Social Worker preferred, clinical supervision provided.
• Ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families, and communities.
• Time management and organizational skills needed to deal effectively with multiple competing tasks.
• Referral knowledge base, as well as, strong written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: : Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180076-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately, priority will be given to applications received by Friday November 9th, 2018. Position is open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org