A manufacturing company in Waconia, MN is looking for a Layout Assistant to join their team on a Direct Hire basis! This individual should be hard working and resourceful as they will be responsible for assisting the layout personnel in preparing metal for fabricators.
Hours: 6am-2:30pm with possible overtime hours being 5:30am-3pm
Pay: $17-19/hour depending on experience
- Generating cut sheet paperwork for shear, saw and burner operators
- Provide assistance to layout personnel in bending, rolling, punching, drilling, shearing and sawing metal
- Operate press brake machines, hand tools, grinders, shear and saw machines
- Maintain steel inventory
- 1-2 years metal fabrication experience
- Experience operating CNC equipment such as a punch, plasma table, brake, or band saw
- Familiar with using measurement tools such as a tape measure, square and protractor
- Ability to follow directions, ask questions, and learn from layout supervisors
- Ability to analyze and interpret CAD and SolidWorks drawings
- Experience operating a forklift, jib crane, and overhead crane
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your resume to Chanhassen@prostaff.com, apply online, or call our office at 952-975-0106.