Human Resources Director
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Inclusive excellence and diversity are valued assets at UW-Superior, and we strive to offer quality programs in an environment of trust and cooperation that centers on the worth of all individuals. The university is seeking candidates who will contribute to the achievement of this goal.
DUTIES: The Director of Human Resources is responsible for providing strategic and administrative leadership and oversight of the human resource functions for the university. Areas of emphasis include recruitment and selection, employee compensation plans, payroll and benefits, immigration, employee and job development, administration of the human resource information system, development of related policies and procedures, coordination of campus-wide human resource activities, and management of the human resources unit. The position is also responsible for meeting the critical need for identification, review, and implementation of the automation of functional processes to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. This includes providing leadership to help transition processes to a shared services business model where it is appropriate. Knowledge of and experience in the use of HR information systems, web technology, modern business applications (spreadsheets, PowerPoint, databases, etc.), and the use of technology to automate workflow processes. The Director of Human Resources assures compliance with state and federal statutes and regulations including Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Family and Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, etc.
The complete position description may be viewed at http://www.uwsuper.edu/hr/employment/.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or related field.
• Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience and demonstrated accomplishment in human resource management.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or related field.
• Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience and demonstrated accomplishment in human resource management.
• Professional Designation(s) in Human Resources field.
• Experience in Public Employment.
• Experience in Higher Education.
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging, and will demonstrate a commitment to the highest ethical standards. The successful candidate will also possess effective leadership, change management, and teamwork skills. Candidates that incorporate values of inclusive excellence and diversity in their work are especially encouraged to apply.
SALARY: UW-Superior offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance coverage for domestic partners and their eligible dependents.
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Initial screening of all completed applications will commence at 7:45 a.m. on November 20, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
Please apply online at UW-Careers (http://www.uwsuper.edu/hr/employment/career-gateway.cfm) and submit your application packet that includes:
1. Cover Letter
3. Names of three (3) professional references with contact information.
4. Unofficial undergraduate and (if applicable) graduate transcripts.
Internal applicants: select the internal applicant link. Registration for account not required.
External applicants: select the external applicant link and register for an account:
How to Register for a UW-Careers Account:
1. To register for a UW-Careers account, click on the click here to Register link to create your user name and password.
2. Search for the #19-17 Director of Human Resources position and click on the Apply Now button to submit a resume.
o At this time, you will be asked to complete your profile. Please select Save to continue the application process.
3. To submit your letter of application, unofficial transcripts, etc., you must add the document as an attachment by clicking on the Add Attachment link below the Cover Letters and Attachments box.
4. Clicking on the Next link, please complete the required Online Questionnaire.
5. After the Online Questionnaire has been completed, click Next again to provide contact information for three professional references, if required, in the References section by selecting the Add Reference link.
6. Once reference information has been listed, click on Next to complete the How did you find out about the position? section of the application process.
7. Once you have completed all sections, click on the Save button and then Submit button to submit your materials.
At any time you may select the Save button to save your progress. When you have submitted your application, ability to change materials submitted will not be available.
If you have questions in regard to the hiring process, please contact Jennifer Masterman, support staff of Director, Human Resources (M) position at (715) 394-8449 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW-Superior: A Special Place:
The University of Wisconsin Superior is Wisconsin’s public liberal arts college. Established in 1893 with a mission to train teachers, it later became a part of the University of Wisconsin System, and in 1998 was designated as Wisconsin’s Public Liberal Arts College by the University of Wisconsin System Board of regents. The University serves 2,900 traditional and non-traditional students and is dedicated to the integration of liberal and professional studies and serving a diverse student population. UW-Superior maintains the values of its founding as a teacher education college through emphasis on excellence in teaching as well as service to the community and region. The core mission is student-centered and values oriented, as the institution fosters intellectual growth and career preparation within a liberal arts tradition that emphasizes individual attention and embodies respect for diverse cultures and multiple voices. The richness of programs lend to a very personalized educational environment that integrates theory and practice, liberal and professional education, teaching, scholarship, and creativity. At UW-Superior, we promote the values of academic excellence, integrity, and community within a collegial environment. At the core of our values are mutual respect and appreciation for inclusive excellence and diversity.
The University will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identities of “final candidates” must be revealed upon request. According to the Attorney General, “final candidates” under Wisconsin law means the five candidates who are considered most qualified for the position. See Wis. Stat. Sec. 19.36(7)(a).
The University reserves the right to check additional references with notice given to the candidates at the appropriate time in the process.
Employment will require a criminal background check. A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For UW-Superior campus safety information and crime statistics/Annual Security Report, see www.uwsuper.edu/wb/safety/report or contact the Office of Campus Safety at (715) 394-8114 for a printed copy.
UW-Superior is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator