Senior Manager, Inbound Logistics - Food Supply Chain
Description: The Senior Manager is responsible for leading Target's inbound food supply chain transportation. This role is responsible for developing new and innovative ways to reduce empty miles travelled through strategic supplier partnerships, effective use of Target's domestic dedicated fleet, and establishing sustainable processes that lead to an efficient use of Target's assets.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking evolution of our supply chain. As a Senior Manager, Inbound Logistics - Food Supply Chain, you will:
- Identify and execute analysis to determine most opitimal opportunities to grow Target's inbound food routing and delivery from vendor to FDC
- Establish vision and strategy for Inbound Logistics in alignment with Target's future food supply chain transformation
- Create new processes and metrics for tracking success within the food inbound transportation space
- Forge effective partnerships between transportation operational teams and suppliers
- Own all field and transportation operational team inbound inquiries and questions and drive effective working partnerships with suppliers, HQ and field based teams
- Provide clear communication and direction to cross functional teams and key partners to connect to shared vision, strategy and values
- Help lead team through food supply chain transformation and future initiatives
- Build strong partnerships with suppliers, 3PL's, and key teams within the food supply chain
- Drive continuous improvement opportunities within the food supply chain tying back to our global supply chain vision
- Lead execution of future food supply chain initiatives
- 4 year degree
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in Transportation operational roles and/or food logistics optimization experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Strong ability to plan, manage, and prioritize time/tasks effectively.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates initiative; demonstrates ability to work independently.
- Ability to develop relationships, both internally and externally, and work in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of PC Windows based applications (Excel and Word) required.