Essential Job Functions:
- Travel through a designated territory to promote, market and sell MESABI Products to as many prospective customers as possible.
- Provide Sales Manager with weekly updated sales projections and detailed travel itinerary reports for the coming week.
- Provide expense and call reports to Sales Manager on a weekly basis to include details on what company was called on, who the rep met with and their title, a brief summary of the meeting should be included and if action is required and by whom.
- Submit a monthly report to the Sales Manager to report on updates in territory, sales efforts and key issues that relates to increasing sales in that territory.
- Maintain phone contact with Sales Assistant and Sales Manager.
- Interface with Customer Service, Drafting, and Engineering as required to encourage sales and assist with any service issues.
- Participate in monthly teleconference, report on sales efforts and provide information on new sales developments.
- Attend trade shows as required by the Sales Manager.
- Follow-up on all quotes provided by Customer Service and Engineering and report on their status.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines/procedures.
- Perform related work as required by supervisor.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Must be results driven and competitive to consistently meet personal objectives and team goals.
- Solid presentation and public speaking.
- Effectively work and interface with others departments and groups.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written, in English, clearly and effectively.
- Professionally present products to different levels of management and field operations.
- Use of electronic devices and communication tools as needed.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Programs and CRM.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment DMV physical, drug and background test.
- Clean driving record and insurable.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
High School Diploma or GED with 4 years of sales experience in a job related industrial field.
- 4-year college degree or 4 years of sales experience in a job related industrial field.
- Knowledge of Epicor, Ultimate software or similar ERP system.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.