Sr PSQA Engineer-Consumer Electronics
Description: Consumer Electronics, Product Engineer Quality AssuranceQUALITY ENGINEER/SR. ENGINEER: Consumer ElectronicsWho we're looking forThe retail landscape is changing - fast - and Target is evolving along with it. When we created our brand promise of “Expect More. Pay Less.” it paved the way for Target to infuse affordable fashion into our assortment and deliver an outstanding experience for our guests. We are pioneers of innovation with our owned brands and unique partnerships from Archer Farms and A New Day, to Made to Matter and Altuzarra. Today, Target continues to be committed to bringing our guests what they want, when they want it, where they want to shop - in our over 1,800 stores, mobile, online and the retail channels of the future. Target recently launched the HeyDay brand and is looking for a quality engineer to continue to support the evolution of the brand in consumer electronics. This position is responsible for delivering quality and safe product to our stores by executing Target's quality assurance requirements throughout the entire product life cycle process. Assure Vendors deliver safe and quality owned brand products to Target's Omni-channel Guest by proactively planning, managing and executing Target's compliance and quality assurance initiatives.Responsible to assure the quality, safety and integrity for all owned brand products. Validate regulatory compliance for and issue compliance documentation for a subset of owned and non-owned brand products. Execute and maintain global policy & procedures creation, modification and implementation for headquarters and field processes to meet compliance and quality requirements. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Product Safety Quality Assurance Engineer/Sr. Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Establish oneself as a consumer electronics expert within the cross functional team with a solid understanding of manufacturing, testing and industry trends for the current assortment and future expansion
- Drive the quality assurance program requirements for the consumer electronics category as the product and strategy evolve into new capabilities or Target expands into other product types
- Utilize knowledge of manufacturing, engineering principles and intended product use to represent the quality voice in the category's strategy
- Proactive involvement in product development and sourcing to influence decisions and mitigate risk
- Develop quality oversight direction based on product, material and placement risk
- Lead, assess and resolve product testing failures and inspection issues by working proactively with vendor, factory, global Quality Assurance (QA) team to assure timely and appropriate closure
- Proactively develop a guest data strategy for the category and drive issues to resolution with long term corrections
- Develop and assess testing protocols to assure protocols incorporate regulatory requirements, industry standard alignment and the design's intent
- Lead safety & regulatory product investigation issues with the Product Investigations Recall (PIR) team
- Support global QA and sourcing teams with risk mitigation during production exit strategies for non-compliant factories
- Effectively communicate quality direction, policy and procedure throughout the organization, vendors, and factories
- Be an advocate for data driven results within the organization to justify actions taken and measurable results
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (electrical, mechanical, material, industrial, multi-discipline etc.) with a preference in an engineering degree with a consumer electronics focus
- 5+ years of experience working in quality or technical design for consumer electronics
- Ability to read, interpret and implement industry standards (i.e. UL standards) for consumer electronics
- Knowledge of quality control/assurance processes and procedures
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Collaborative focus and ability to work successfully across functional areas.
- Able to read and interpret statutes and legislations into PSQA compliance and quality program.
- Knowledge of CFR's, which contains all of the process and technical details necessary to comply with regulations, certification, and due care, which gives Target the expertise necessary to ensure that vendors' documents meet the law.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems and experience implementing the discipline
- Experience in retail merchandise operations or support (Buying, Sourcing, QA, Design etc.)
- Field Auditing experience
- 6Sigma certified
- Member of industry QA organizations and certifications.