Transitional Housing Supervisor
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JustUs Health, formed through a merger between the Minnesota AIDS Project (MAP) and Rainbow Health Initiative (RHI), envisions a Minnesota where people from diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities experience health and wellness in powerfully inclusive environments. Founded in 1983, MAP is widely recognized for the impact of its prevention and support services for individuals living with HIV or at risk of HIV infection. RHI, founded in 2001, advances the health of the LGBTQ communities through research, education and advocacy. Together, JustUs Health will lead work to achieve health equity for diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities.
JustUs Health (www.justushealth.mn) seeks a full-time Transitional Housing Supervisor. This position works within JustUs Health Housing program that includes: 1) HIV housing systems advocacy work to increase housing opportunities for people living with HIV, 2) the housing access coordination project that will prepare people in case management and transitional housing waitlists for housing; and 3) THP, a scattered-site transitional program for low income HIV-positive individuals and families.
The Transitional Housing Supervisor will provide direct housing services and work with the Director of Housing and Support Services to coordinate key activities of THP to further the organizational mission.
* The position fulfills all the duties of the Housing Specialist (with caseload of 13-18 households) and is responsible for initial and ongoing needs assessments, education, service plan development, support, and advocacy with HIV-positive persons who meet THP eligibility criteria. This professional is responsible for independently managing their personal workload and scheduling to: attend planned appointments with or on behalf of clients, arrange for sufficient time in the office to document work and respond to phone calls, and allow for open time in which to respond to breakthrough or crisis needs from clients.
* The Transitional Housing Supervisor is also responsible for providing supervision and leadership for the team of Housing Specialists in day-to-day operations to enhance the overall program success. This includes the training and orientation of new staff and providing task supervision as appropriate.
* Work with Director to coordinates program operation to ensure quality services.
* Assist Director with contract management activities.
* Coordinate activities of THP to manage in-coming referrals and waitlists and ensure client coverage during times of planned or unplanned staff absences or transitions.
* Carry a case load of 13-18 households
* Conducts initial and ongoing client assessments to address physical and psycho-social needs.
* Assists the client in formulating and implementing a service plan to address needs. Works with others significantly involved with the client in this same capacity when appropriate.
* Assesses client situations thoroughly and identifies appropriate interventions to ensure safety of all parties involved.
* Provide direct supervision of the other three (3) Housing Specialists that do direct client services. Help team members to assesses clients in crisis thoroughly and identifies appropriate interventions to ensure safety of all parties involved.
* Communicates information in a professional and respectful manner. Communicates information to diverse populations in a manner that is respectful of cultural differences and sensitive to the presence of trauma or crisis within clients we engage with.
* Establishes and maintains professional working relationships with housing team, other departments within JustUs Health and other organizations.
* Performs other responsibilities as required or assigned.
* Bachelor’s Degree in social work, community health, human services, or other related field or equivalent work experience (a combination of education and/or equivalent work experience may be considered; with at least 4 years’ experience in lieu of degree).
* Two years of experience in direct social services providing housing, case management or similar services with progressive responsibilities. At least one year in a supervisor/coordinator role with staff/interns.
* Professional license as required by state statutes or by contracts.
* Excellent project management and planning skills, while providing high attention to details.
* Possess the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
* Working knowledge of assessment, action planning and referral processes of client services.
* Ability to demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and to appropriately prioritize workload based upon organization or department needs.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, builds trust and rapport with all levels of personnel.
* Capacity to sensitively address issues and work with individuals from diverse populations including: gay/bi/MSM communities, trans or nonbinary gender communities, immigrant populations and communities of color.
* Proficient in the use of personal computers, internet and Microsoft Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (or related e-mail system).
* Valid Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation and ability to travel throughout the metro area and state.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours weekly, Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Deadline: Open Until Filled
JustUs Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. People of color, transgender people, and gender non-conforming people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for Transitional Housing Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly