Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant – CVT Surgery, Marshfield, WI
Marshfield Medical Center, the Marshfield Clinic Health System flagship hospital, cares for patients from throughout central, northern and western Wisconsin. Marshfield Medical Center offers primary, secondary, tertiary and Level II Trauma Center hospital services provided by Marshfield Clinic specialists. The facility hosts nearly 40 specialties including cancer, heart and orthopedics care, as well as a 24-bed Children's Hospital equipped with the latest technology and highly-trained hospitalists and nurses providing nearly 30 pediatric specialty services, including: child abuse-neglect, gastroenterology, pediatric intensive care, neonatology, and surgery. Access to a Level II Trauma Center, ensures 24-hour availability of anesthesiologists, dedicated medical equipment, operating room facilities, physician specialists, surgeons, and trauma nurses.
What’s in it for you? What can you expect?
- Be fundamental in starting a new program for a long established and highly respected clinic
- Unique opportunity to use some of the most advanced equipment in robotic surgery
- Experience Cardiothoracic surgery from both a surgical and medical standpoint
- Work for an organization that values your role as a practitioner as well as the role you have in your family
The Nurse Practitioner CVT Surgical is a skilled member of the allied health team who provides medical and educational services to patients under the supervision of a licensed physician, according to Nurse Practitioner Protocol, and within the scope of the Nurse Practitioner License in the State of Wisconsin.
- Current Wisconsin RN Licensure
- Nurse Practitioner Certification by a national certifying body
- Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber Certification
- CPR certification
- 2-3 years of experience preferred.
The Physician Assistant in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery is a member of the health care team, who is qualified by academic and extensive clinical training to provide patient services under the supervision of a licensed physician and in accordance with Chapter Med 8 of the Wisconsin statutes.
- Graduate of an approved physician assistant/surgical assistant accredited educational program accredited by the Council of Medical Education of the American Medical Association. Maintain 100 hours of CME/2 years
- Current NCCPA and State Certification or Board Eligible.
- 2-3 years of experience preferred.
External applicants may be eligible to receive a recruitment bonus or educational loan repayment bonus upon hire.
Marshfield Clinic Health System is committed to enriching the lives of others through accessible, affordable compassionate healthcare. Successful applicants will listen, serve and put the needs of patients and customers first.
Working at Marshfield Clinic Health System, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Low cost of living within clean, safe environments
- Stable communities and short commutes
- Outstanding schools and affordable housing
- Plenty of recreational activities for all four seasons
- Easy access to Chicago, Madison, Milwaukee or Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Comprehensive benefits package
Questions may be directed to Jill Riley, Human Resources:
Find all our opportunities on the Career Center at:
Position Category: Nurse Practitoner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA)
Marshfield Clinic Health System
1000 N. Oak Ave.
Marshfield, WI 54449
Marshfield Clinic Health System is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.