Director of Student Data
Director of Student Data
Posted Date 1 month ago(10/10/2018 9:03 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 400111
Department/Unit Information Technology Services - ITS
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Director of Student Data within the Information Technology Services Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Using best practices and industry standards, the Director of Student Data oversees the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of processes and systems associated with academic and enrollment records of prospective, current and former students and is responsible for the integrity, accuracy, security, and access of data associated with those records. This position has oversight of student data placement. The Director knows institutional data, sees trends, and manages data using technology. In addition, the person in this position interprets and enforces policies and regulations of the University, including FERPA and manages Summer Session. The Director of Student Data is a resource to system users of student information to assist in understanding and using the data and information that is available.
1. Lead and manage a technology-focused team responsible for the data, systems, and processes associated with the graduate and undergraduate academic lifecycle including registration, admissions, course management, degree audit, veterans processes, transfer articulation, financial aid, scholarship and loan processing, commencement, university catalog, and course scheduling. Ensure data flowing in and out of the system is valid and accurate.
2. Possess the knowledge of institutional student records data structure, data management, and data extraction capabilities and lead the development of innovative strategies maximizing existing technologies and utilizing new technologies to ensure operational excellence, efficiency, and sustainability.
3. Develop and oversee complex financial aid awarding systems within federal, state, and institutional guidelines.
4. Act as a resource to University users of student information to assist in understanding and using the data and information Interpret, enforce, communicate and act as a resource for policies and regulations of the University, including FERPA.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Seven years of progressive experience in registration and student records, enrollment management or student advising.
- Master's degree in higher education, educational administration, information systems or a related discipline.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer