2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Essential Job Functions:
- Review drawing requests and ECOs and associated information, analyze, design and retrieve information to complete drawings/models, layout or design.
- Coordinate with requester to discuss project scope and time schedule or receive and discuss project with supervisor.
- Be familiar with drafting standards and review design for compliance.
- Use SolidWorks/SmarTeam software to develop layouts, models/drawings and designs that meet engineering specifications.
- Prepare preliminary drawings and work with requester for approval and/or modifications.
- Utilize alpha search, SmarTeam, and Epicor to find existing drawings or examples.
- Prepare buyout material lists when required by Drawing Request.
- Prepare detailed scale drawing upon approval of preliminary drawings.
- Complete data input forms for each product as required and check to ensure accuracy of other drafter’s forms.
- Sketch and identify cooling products from customers or units in the field.
- Calculate dimensions, weights, capacities, or qualities using SolidWorks capabilities.
- Assist with customer service, research, and documentation as directed by supervisor.
- Report equipment problems to supervisor.
- Inventory supplies and materials and forwards requests to the drafting clerk.
- Assist with plotting/filing and other Drafting tasks when necessary or to fill in during absences.
- Work occasional overtime or weekends to complete a project, if required.
- Perform related work or other job duties as required by supervisor.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.Knowledge.
Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Knowledge in engineering drafting principles, practices, methods and equipment required.
- Skill in preparing and interpreting detailed drawings, graphs, charts and specifications.
- Must be detail orientated, have mechanical aptitude and strong initiative.
- Communicate, in English, effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understand and interpret complex and technical information.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Experience using SolidWorks with 3-D design.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:2 year degree in mechanical drafting, 3-5 years of experience with detail drawings for sheet metal assemblies and weldments.
Knowledge of Epicor, Ultimate Software or similar ERP system.
Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 5S, or Six Sigma.