International Tax Specialist
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
International Tax Specialist
Trident Trust is a leading independent provider of corporate, trust and fund services to the financial services sector worldwide. Established 40 years ago, our clients include the world’s largest banks and brokerage firms, leading law and accounting firms and high net-worth individuals and their families.
With 32 offices in 23 jurisdictions we are today among the largest organizations in our industry, offering clients access to a range of services that extends from traditional corporate domicile representation to the administration of complex trust and fund structures. Our global footprint ensures that we service our client base across the world’s time zones.
With a record of the longest average tenure in our industry, our professional personnel are well-equipped to support our clients with their practical knowledge and extensive experience.
Representing the newest chapter in the company’s growth, the downtown Sioux Falls office seeks a qualified candidate in the area highlighted above.
The primary function of the International Tax Specialist position is to ensure compliance with all U.S. tax filing and reporting obligations for the trusts we administer, both foreign and domestic, and any entities within the trusts. These obligations include, but are not limited to, IRS filings for income tax, FinCEN 114 (FBAR) filing, 1099, FATCA, and PFICs.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience in U.S. and international taxation
- CPA, JD, or LLM required
- Knowledge of various U.S. reporting regimes for trusts and companies, to include income tax, FinCEN 114 (FBAR), FATCA, and PFIC rules and the various other reporting requirements for foreign and U.S. trusts, grantors and beneficiaries
- Ability to review source data and make decisions about proper tax reporting of income, expenses, transfers, distributions, and holdings
- Ability to interpret and understand laws, regulations, complex issues, case law, and documents, investigate and solve problems, and provide workable recommendations and solutions
- Ability to work under pressure, to process multiple tasks concurrently with a high degree of accuracy, meeting deadlines, and able to interact and maintain a positive attitude under challenging circumstances
- Act with integrity and a commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values, respect the confidential nature of information received
- Computer proficiency of Windows® based applications. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Use of database and CRM systems, including ability to generate and manipulate reports from said systems
- Well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented, self-starter, able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Remain current with regulatory updates, and maintain an understanding of U.S. and international tax topics and how they affect the trusts and their underlying entities
- Determining which filings must be completed for each trust and underlying entities, and to ensure accurate and timely filing to the proper regulatory agency, to include, but not limited to,
- Income Tax and information returns to the IRS
- FATCA determinations and filings
- FBAR determinations and filings
- PFIC filings
- Preparing and disseminating various 1099 forms
- Liaising with and reviewing tax returns prepared by outside professionals for compliance with the structure and activities of the trusts
- May prepare and file simple returns for trusts and underlying companies
- Communicating complex tax issues to non-tax professionals, colleagues, and clients
- Assist with establishing company policies and procedures for administration of all tax relevant processes
- Develop written materials for non-tax colleagues on various components of taxes which may be attributable to trusts
Apply for International Tax Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly