Legal Services Program Assistant
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JustUs Health was formed through a merger between the Minnesota AIDS Project (MAP) and Rainbow Health Initiative (RHI). Together, JustUs Health will lead work to achieve health equity for diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities. JustUs Health combines the direct service, advocacy and HIV education that MAP has provided; along with the research into LGBTQ health disparities, tobacco cessation programming, and LGBTQ equity and inclusion training that Rainbow Health has provided. Our vision is for “a Minnesota where people from diverse gender, sexual and cultural communities experience health and wellness in powerfully inclusive environments.”
Our merger laid the groundwork for the launch of JustUs Behavioral Health, our new clinic that offers mental, chemical and sexual health services for LGBTIA+ people, people living with HIV, and folks from communities that face barriers to behavioral health support. When combined with JustUs Health’s care coordination, education and support services, we are now able to offer a continuum of comprehensive and integrated health services in a safe and supportive environment. Our research into health disparities helps us understand and address the issues that many of our clients have faced in the broader health care system.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Process and respond to requests for assistance and make follow up contact via email, mail, and telephone communication
* Coordinate and monitor legal advice clinics
* Assist with recruiting, scheduling, training, and evaluating law student interns and volunteers
* Prepare and maintain legal case files including opening, closing, and archiving for storage
* Gather and track client eligibility information
* Handle routine program correspondence
* Support the Front Desk Reception area at the Behavioral Clinic location
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor’s degree in Political Science or related field. Combination of education and comparable experience in social work, human services, legal services, or another related field may be considered in lieu of degree.
* Two years’ experience with client intake, receptionist and office management
* Meticulous organizational skills and ability to promote an efficient and streamlined work environment
* Excellent telephone manner and strong interpersonal skills related to both written and verbal communication
* High level of motivation with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities under strict deadlines
* Lived experience within diverse populations including: gay/bi/MSM communities, trans or nonbinary gender communities, immigrant populations and communities of color.
* Demonstrated knowledge of HIV Prevention & services and LGBT Services care preferred.
JustUs Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. People of color, transgender people, and gender non-conforming people are strongly encouraged to apply.